thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 28, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #1,486 of 4,190
I put in in my cart yesterday at $399, signed in with smile.amazon..com when I went to purchase and it was $389.
Either way I'm sure not complaining.
Now just need to find English site, all I can find at Thebit.com (?) is Korean support for download of UI updates

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #1,489 of 4,190
Dec 28, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,490 of 4,190
Oh yeah you're right, I got mine around Black Friday, case and player for $399 then shortly after it went back to $499 then the A83 package came out and it dropped back down to $399. The $10 more off is nice but not a huge deal.

Now side topic, I'm still on 2.0 FW. From what I read newer FW doesn't really fix much, is it worth it to update?

Also, is the deep sleep a default thing that just happens, leave the player on and it hibernates? I'm basically using 100+ volume and on High Gain and the player gets decent battery life. I almost never just leave it on, I always turn it off.

Dec 29, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,491 of 4,190
Oh yeah you're right, I got mine around Black Friday, case and player for $399 then shortly after it went back to $499 then the A83 package came out and it dropped back down to $399. The $10 more off is nice but not a huge deal.

Now side topic, I'm still on 2.0 FW. From what I read newer FW doesn't really fix much, is it worth it to update?

Also, is the deep sleep a default thing that just happens, leave the player on and it hibernates? I'm basically using 100+ volume and on High Gain and the player gets decent battery life. I almost never just leave it on, I always turn it off.

The update is worth it.  You'll get a confirmation notice for the activation of lineout, font size automatically adjusts while browsing on the list of folders, artists, songs, etc.  Those are just to name a few.  No need to turn off the player.  As I said a few pages back, I fully charged and left my Opus#1 in my drawer a week before Christmas, when I opened it the other day it's still 100% charged.  Quite the surprise ain't it?  Though after using for some time it went down to about 80% something.  Still good considering the amount of time it was on sleep mode.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #1,492 of 4,190
The update is worth it.  You'll get a confirmation notice for the activation of lineout, font size automatically adjusts while browsing on the list of folders, artists, songs, etc.  Those are just to name a few.  No need to turn off the player.  As I said a few pages back, I fully charged and left my Opus#1 in my drawer a week before Christmas, when I opened it the other day it's still 100% charged.  Quite the surprise ain't it?  Though after using for some time it went down to about 80% something.  Still good considering the amount of time it was on sleep mode.

Lol deep sleep isn't that good for me I guess. I went from 10% to 9 in less than an hour

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,494 of 4,190
Does anyone have a link to the current Opus#1 manual (that doesn't go to Audio-Opus.com)? I'm at work and most web sites are blocked,
Figure I can read manual while I'm waiting for delivery of my Opus #1.

thanks in advance.

Marty

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,496 of 4,190
After waiting not too patiently (checked UPS tracking about 20 times this morning) my Opus#1 is here,
can't take unboxing photos as I left my phone home this morning.
Wow this thing is weighty, It almost feels like I got sent the metal version by mistake.
I have not updated UI as of yet as I'm at work.
Pulled the SD card out of my Xduoo x3 and inserted into the Opus, took about 3 or 4 minutes to scan all 5K songs.
First song "Chan Chan" Buena Vista Social Club, sound is very impressive for out of the box (and no burn in).
I foresee a long weekend of musical bliss...

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,497 of 4,190
Any one else's single ended Jack not centered in the housing? I'm debating sending my in for replacement

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,498 of 4,190
Any one else's single ended Jack not centered in the housing? I'm debating sending my in for replacement

Anyone know the email and address of USA service center ?

I am afraid I turned my OPUS 1 into a brick when I screwed up my firmware update.
My OPUS 1 is not working, here is what I see:

"Error - Firmware file not found" > OK > "Turn power off"

Advice from anyone?
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back