thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Aug 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #781 of 4,190

This new firmware seems to be clearer. I am really enjoying it.

A good news to everyone.
TheBit realy should keep pushing SQ of Opus in that direction- give treble some light and add weight to the bass

Oh, don't want them to color the sound, keep it natural :)  That's a problem with too many daps today, they have roll off in upper frequencies and boost sub-/mid-bass.  That completely messes you up when comparing/testing headphones because now you are dealing with a colored sig of the source and trying to figure out the actual sound sig of headphones.  Didn't test the latest fw update, but glad they are back on track.

Can't wait to hear Opus#2 when it's released.

Aug 27, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #785 of 4,190
Aug 27, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #786 of 4,190
  Any recommended accessories?

There are some Screen protector as well unless you want to ship it from Japan and it cost a lot considering it's just film. Not glass..
I do hope someone make a glass sp for the Opus 1 though. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #788 of 4,190
I would love DPX1 more if its not because of the build issues on headphone jack (had me sent it back since May , its frustrating to wait for such long time to get it back). Meanwhile, Opus has much better jack quality compared to DPX1. As for someone , who doesn't use Wifi or streaming, Opus wins on more efficient UI. (never encountering lagging or crashes on it). The SE on Opus is ways better than SE on DPX1 and I only prefer DPX1 on balance mode that is only where it shines. 
so pricejapan is still operating in regards to customer service and warranty? I haven't tried contacting myself as no one said Kaneda-san had returned replies lately.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #789 of 4,190
so pricejapan is still operating in regards to customer service and warranty? I haven't tried contacting myself as no one said Kaneda-san had returned replies lately.

I'm in the same situation, got his reply on Aug 9 after 2nd hospitalization which sounds horrible and now he has stopped replying completely....Hope someone could get in touch with him by phone.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #791 of 4,190
  or may be Kaneda is on vacation at the moment?

I don't think so. His last message to me promised that he would never delay in message again and would report me back in 2,3 days for my onkyo RMA unit. Now after 3 weeks , i'm still waiting for his responses after 3 emails. I have a bad feeling he has gotten serious health problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back