thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 27, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #556 of 4,190
Mine plays 24/192kHz over optical fine (Matrix Quattro II DAC), but I still have the issue of it hanging after 3 songs. So I shall downsample and see if it works at 24/96kHz.

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #557 of 4,190
Meant to mention. I found my 24/192 over optical problem is due to the 3.5mm optical adapter. If I rotate it I can find a spot where it plays, tho there are dropouts. It may just need a good cleaning. Else, whatever it is that makes it hard for me to push the adapter into the headphone hole, may be misaligning the adapter too once it's in.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #558 of 4,190
I converted the album I have in 24/192 to 24/96 and now it plays fine.

My Opus #1 freezes after 3 tracks when playing 24/192, over optical or just playing normal without anything attached.

Anyone else have issues playing 24/192 albums?

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #559 of 4,190
  I converted the album I have in 24/192 to 24/96 and now it plays fine.

My Opus #1 freezes after 3 tracks when playing 24/192, over optical or just playing normal without anything attached.

Anyone else have issues playing 24/192 albums?

I've never had any issues with 24/192. I was using the Opus last night to listen to Noah Wall's new album downloaded from HDTracks in 24/192 and it was fine. I have personally noticed a dip in sound quality when playing DSD compared to other higher priced DAPs, but I don't think that is an error with the Opus.

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #562 of 4,190
Guys, how this thing helds up agains Questyle?
I've heard, Opus is at the same level of detail and resolution, but sounds more neutral.

Personally, I like the sound signature of the Opus better, but I am also a fan of more neutral sounding DAPs like the LPG. The QP1R is more powerful IMO, and can drive most full size headphones. The Opus has more detail and clarity to my ears. The Opus has balanced out too which is nice, and the UI is 10000X better. You can actually find the music you are looking for and don't have to deal with that scroll wheel. I would only go with the QP1R if you are looking to have a portable player that can drive some full size headphones.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #563 of 4,190
Personally, I like the sound signature of the Opus better, but I am also a fan of more neutral sounding DAPs like the LPG. The QP1R is more powerful IMO, and can drive most full size headphones. The Opus has more detail and clarity to my ears. The Opus has balanced out too which is nice, and the UI is 10000X better. You can actually find the music you are looking for and don't have to deal with that scroll wheel. I would only go with the QP1R if you are looking to have a portable player that can drive some full size headphones.

My cans are Ultrasone Signature Pro, they fullsizet but aren't hard to drive at all.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #565 of 4,190
I just updated my Opus1 to the latest firmware and dumped some new digital high rez FLAC songs on to it which are appearing as duplicates and sometimes triplicates in the Artist and Album view.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  I tried rebuilding my DB, but didn't fix it.  My next attempt will be to delete the music of my Opus and reload the music to see if that resolves it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #568 of 4,190
I realy can't figure out what type of memory card i need microSD or microSDXC?

Right now i'm looking at this. Is it ok?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB-Adapter-MB-MP128DA-AM/dp/B00P3NMVVU

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #569 of 4,190
I got two 200 Gig cards and didn't think twice about its speed. Lol. With that said, no reason to not get the faster card these days, with a few dollars separating the price. That card will do you well. Great card.

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #570 of 4,190
I got two 200 Gig cards and didn't think twice about its speed. Lol. With that said, no reason to not get the faster card these days, with a few dollars separating the price. That card will do you well. Great card.

Thanks. I didn't know that microsd and microSDXC is almost the same thing. Everywhere is said, that Opus supports microSD (not a word about HC/XC), so i try to find that misterious 200gb microsd card :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back