thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #481 of 4,190

But ironically, isn't the Bal of dpx1 is what everyone complains about in terms of build quality and broken/loose connector?

Yep. Luckily that hasn't happened to me yet. If it did, I would really not have a use for the DP. I only use it for the sound from the Balanced out. I might use it more for offline Tidal after they fixed some of the issues in the recent Tidal update.

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #482 of 4,190
  I just bought one of these late last week because of the positive reviews. I honestly love this thing if you are just using IEMs with it. I've used the balanced and SE out, and they both sound great. I've used the Opus with the AKTK1E both SE and Balanced out Silver Dragon by Moon-Audio, K10U with linum balanced cable, Empire Ears Zeus, Shoozy Zero, FLC8s, and JH Angie 1 Balanced out. I honestly think the Opus pairs well with all of them. I still have to compare it more with the Paw Gold, QP1R, and the DPX1. So far, I greatly prefer the SE from the Opus to the DPX1, but the DPX1 might have a slight edge in terms the sound from the Balanced out. 

I guess is more of a preference issue when it comes to dap at this level.
Personally prefer the sound sig of the Opus#1 over the Onkyo DPX1 balanced out.
But both are great player without giving a big blow to the wallet 

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #484 of 4,190
For some reason I can't open files on my Opus1 in Kid3 when mounted to my Windows 7 machine.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I guess I'll try using my Mac, but I don't have Kid3 installed on my Mac...

Anybody else having problems like this?  Or does anyone know why I can't see files on my Opus1 from Kid3 on a Windows 7 machine?

-Robert

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #485 of 4,190
I tried using Kid3 on my Mac Mini, but since I can only access files on the Opus1 using Androidfiletransfer on the Mac, that didn't work either. I ended up using brute force method by copying all the files to my local HD, cleaning up files with Kid3 on the local drive, and copying them back to the Opus1 when done. Oh well.

So far the only files that the Opus1 is having a hard time with reading the tags are digital downloads from Beatport. Not sure why...

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #486 of 4,190
Just got mine today and initial thoughts are sound stage is massive, very clear, and pretty much a step up in all aspects from my HM650.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #487 of 4,190
Would anyone here do a favor by re-uploading Firmware 1.1 (last version?) again because the link on their main website just died recently. I have checked other firmware on their website but only the link of this ver is not accessible anymore, seems like they have removed it...

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #488 of 4,190
What link are you using?

Still works for me.

http://www.audio-opus.com/pages/firmware-update/?uid=81&mod=document

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #489 of 4,190
  What link are you using?

Still works for me.

http://www.audio-opus.com/pages/firmware-update/?uid=81&mod=document

Nope, doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my browser. I have tried to access other firmware pages and they were fine except this one. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #492 of 4,190
  http://www.audio-opus.com/wp-content/uploads/kboard_temp/575f76ff2dd2e/0_update.zip 
it's still work for me o.0 
if u still can't download this then I'll upload it for u :D 

The link you just sent worked for me. Thanks. I couldn't access the firmware page to be able to get to this link in first place though ;(

Just a question, people. What do you think has the best SQ, SE vs Balance output ? 

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #493 of 4,190
If you use sensitive earphone like SE846 then u must go with Bal port!
If u don't then SE is just fine! I still think Bal port bring a little bit better SQ to user but u need 2.5-3.5 adapter for your cable when you want to try another DAP/DAC/amp ^^ or you should have 2 cables with balance and unbalance jack ^^

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back