The Zune HD has failed to impress most. Who should be competing against Apple and how?
Sep 26, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #91 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extropian, marketing music on an mp3 player is not a feature.

Yes, it really clearly is. Unless you are using a radically different definition of "feature" than I am.

Quote:

It's just a marketing tool. It's a way to interact with you in a way that keeps you on the Zune Pass.

No. It's a way to enable me to explore music with very little financial penalty. Nothing about it keeps me locked in to the zune pass. I continue because I find it delivers great value for my dollars.

It is no more a marketing tool than is iTunes, Raphsody, or anything else we've been discussing.

Quote:

It's not exploitative by any means, but it's not a real feature anymore than you'd call Microsoft putting links to buy its other software on your Windows Desktop a feature.

Wrong. I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong. The ability to explore new music from your portable device in this manner is undeniably, unarguably a feature.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #92 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, guys, let's not get personal, or this administrator might get all Thor'ish, and start swinging the ban hammer.

Maybe that might be great idea...

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #93 of 101
Quote:

The Zune and Touch are missing vital features that are easily found in other players. I guess I need to repeat myself even moreso since you can't seem to understand what I and others have been saying about the Zune's weaknesses.

@jj94

jj....welcome to the club. You made a valid point without attacking him any any way and he goes off on you stating that you simply "...can't seem to understand..."

There is not talking with this guy. You could point to the sky and state it is blue and he will probably argue with you about it just to make a point that he is more intelligent than you. Sorry dude.

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #95 of 101
Quote:

Useful for lectures.

Cowon, who you state has wonderful feature sets, has had voice recorders in their players for years....even line in for a while. I have tried three of their players and the voice recorders were terrible in all cases.

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #96 of 101
This thread is still going on? Fine, then.....

....I think the next big thing will be wax cylinders. Those crazy kids love all that retro stuff. Mark my words - the iPod Wax, and MS right behind them with their Zune Tinfoil Edition. And the next generation Zii Egg will literally be an egg - it's bio-degradable, it's edible, and it plays music! What could be better?

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #97 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by roebeet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those crazy kids love all that retro stuff. Mark my words - the iPod Wax, and MS right behind them with their Zune Tinfoil Edition. And the next generation Zii Egg will literally be an egg - it's bio-degradable, it's edible, and it plays music! What could be better?

Two words: Portable turntable.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #99 of 101
Quote:

I think the Creative Zii Egg is going in the direction PMP's should be going. The Zune HD is a terrible player with basic features that really can't even compete against the iPod Touch, which should have been an easy task for a company with the most popular OS in the world. Then again, Microsoft's Zune Pass was more important than besting Apple. Apple really isn't that hard to steal market share from considering how crippled its Touch is.

I think what will finally steal a chunk of marketshare from Apple is a smaller company with no music services that can make a device with incredible hardware and can put an open-source OS within. The Zii Egg is going there but considering Android is more for phones, can it be used well in a PMP? Should somebody be developing a media-based fork of Android in order to have a viable option for the next high-powered open source PMP by Samsung/Cowon/Creative?

You are an idiot, i can tell you that ... You know why - Extropian is MS employee, and he gonna defend Zune to death ... Maybe is even pay for .. LoL ...

I sugest to you start NEW thread ... "ZUNE HD appreciation thread" - and post the pic how you pee on ZUNE HD ot something like "Will it Blend" video - this really gonna piss him off ...

Geez i hate ZUNE ...

How about good morning Yall - have a great weekend, cant wait to my DT48 arive ...

By the way, got like 50 CDs last week, i realy like buying new music ... :)

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #100 of 101
Ugh such hate.. grow up guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back