The Zune: A review.
Dec 19, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #166 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune Firmware v1.2 was released today.
To do so, click:

zuneupdatepicld0.jpg

There should be another window popping up, and the rest is just pressing next and waiting for the installation.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up on this. Now I wonder what it fixed

Dec 21, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #168 of 294
I've installed the 1.2 update, and I've noticed a few changes. I've added this update section to the main review:

Quote:

REVIEW UPDATE: 12-20-06

The 1.2 version update hit today, and after an odd non-syncing issue with my Zune (a reset set it straight) it is now running a newer version of the firmware.

The "twist" UI has become a bit speedier. When going back to the "albums" view from anywhere else, the unit used to pause and load up the album art. Took about 4 seconds. This pause is gone, and the album art seems to load immediately with only a less than 1 second pause if any at all, and I believe only when music is playing on the Zune.

Above (12-7 update) I complained about a "skip" issue with some tracks. The Zune seemed to have trouble playing longer files later in an album without taking a "break" in the song and then coming back to it. I noticed this in a few tracks if they were played in sequence without touching the unit... annoying, but pretty rare, so it wasn't a deal-breaker. The 1.2 update seems to have fixed this... though I can't be sure yet. It's not in the songs I heard it in before though. It's entirely possible that it might show up somewhere else that I haven't discovered yet.

While this update didn't specifically add any features, it looks as though it has optimized certain processes within the Zune. I'm all for this, and I'm incredibly pleased to have a legitimate update on my device so early in its lifespan.

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #170 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thought this would be of interest to any zune owners... http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=572723
tongue.gif

I'd kill for a nice little Raiden / 1942 style shooter on the Zune. The control layout and screen is perfect for it.

Dec 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #172 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd kill for a nice little Raiden / 1942 style shooter on the Zune. The control layout and screen is perfect for it.

gamer zune is a rumor but apprently it may come with version 2

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #173 of 294
Jan 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #175 of 294
Y'know, I'm a little surprised this never made it into the reviews section above.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #176 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Y'know, I'm a little surprised this never made it into the reviews section above.

It's an Ipod Conspiracy! Call Mercuttio Jones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #178 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an Ipod Conspiracy! Call Mercuttio Jones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Eep! We mustn't mention him! He could get the whole thing shot into space!
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #179 of 294
Great review Mercuttio (though I'm sure you already knew that).

Got my Zune because of it. Have most of the same opinions in this case.

Just thought I'd add that if you want to use a Zune Pass (hey, it's a good way to legally sample some stuff), you can't really sync to your Zune an unlimited amount of times. After awhile it stops you for a month, which really is an annoyance, but you can still listen to songs on the software, find ones you like, and buy the actual cds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back