The ZMF Auteur Wood Contest
Oct 20, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #19 of 101
This is a great idea, and shows you are part of the community. Went with teak, but must admit I'd be curious to see them with the camphor wood.

Oct 20, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 101
I have to admit that I created an account for this contest. I've been lurking here for months, trying to glean as much info as I can from you smart folks, and it's about time I joined the community. I'm not expecting to win (I never win anything), but I hope to one day soon own some ZMF headphones! :darthsmile:

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 101
Love the idea of the limited revolving runs. Once these are produced it would be great to see a new thread created solely to post photos of the different wood cups.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #22 of 101
I have to admit that I created an account for this contest. I've been lurking here for months, trying to glean as much info as I can from you smart folks, and it's about time I joined the community. I'm not expecting to win (I never win anything), but I hope to one day soon own some ZMF headphones! :darthsmile:

To be eligible to win, you MUST have signed up to be a head-fi member BEFORE the first day of this contest, October, 20th, 2017.

You should have lurked in the open instead of the shadows.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 101
How is the winner chosen?

My wife, @BooUrns will pick a number at random and that entry will win. If you qualify to win by picking a real wood (no bamboo please!), and being a head fi member before the contest started, you will be the winner!
I put bamboo in my entry. The e-mail I received didn't have this rule.
: <

Win a ZMF Auteur in Custom wood.

How do you enter? Just read through the Auteur page here:

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/the-auteur/

Then at the bottom of the page, enter your name, email (for our mailing list), your head-fi name, and the wood you want your custom Auteur made in!

This is also posted on head-fi, but we wanted to make sure everyone on our mailing list knew about the contest as well in case you didn't see it!

I guess I'll change my entry to ebony wood.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 101
I got weirdly into this...

Ultimately, I went with Thuya burl. Tell me that's not gorgeous.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #26 of 101
To be eligible to win, you MUST have signed up to be a head-fi member BEFORE the first day of this contest, October, 20th, 2017.

You should have lurked in the open instead of the shadows.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. That wasn't listed on the ZMF email I got or on their website, but when it asked for a Head-Fi handle I created one. Cheers and good luck!

Edit: It's listed quite clearly on this post, though! My bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back