The ZMF Auteur Wood Contest
Oct 22, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #46 of 101
I love Mrs. ZMF's handle of @BooUrns. Quality Simpsons reference right there! Also, @BooUrns, if random numbers don't get me a free set of Bocote Auteur's, maybe flattery will! :wink: (But seriously, good handle)

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #47 of 101
Also, in the unlikely event that I did win, do I have to stay with the wood I put on the website, or could I change my mind if selected (Black Korina to match my No.1 guitar would be pretty cool).

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #55 of 101
I chose Pistachio wood. I think it would look amazing plus the idea of using Pistachio seemed whimsical to me. Sure Blackwood sounds cool, but Pistachio is just fun..the design on the earcups is really interesting to me because it is very similar to line drawings I used to do when I worked in banking and got trapped on all manner of long boring phone calls. I would fill up sketchbooks with intricate doodles. I actually have a couple them in cheap frames above my headphone desk..the Auteurs would look as if maybe my drawings had been used for the grill design...
I'm pretty sure the only way I am owning a set of these is if I win a contest, but having said that, it seems like if I was going to get a set of ZMF these would be the ones, I think they are going to be a pretty fantastic set of headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #56 of 101
Ambrosia maple would look nice

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #57 of 101
Thanks for giving to the community. To be honest I didn't have any sort of background on ZMF, however, upon reading the page I see there is a lot of passion behind this new phone. Congrats and good luck to everyone!!

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #59 of 101
I chose Pistachio wood. I think it would look amazing plus the idea of using Pistachio seemed whimsical to me. Sure Blackwood sounds cool, but Pistachio is just fun...

Nice choice! I nearly picked Pistachio myself. Love that grain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back