The Zen micro- i want a straight answer
Jun 4, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #31 of 48
You can adjust the sensitivity but it won't do anything
280smile.gif
. Picked up a H10 today to try.

Jun 5, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 48
went to PC show today...Neeon vs Micro...Micro wins hands down. Total cost for Neeon plus adpator is $388...Micro was selling at $379...

touchpad definitely more convenient to scroll through songs than the side scrollwheel that the Neeon has..

One qn: how does one tune the FM radio manually for the Micro?

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #39 of 48
-I thought it dealed w/location-I remember listening to the FM radio w/the micro at school, it was really clear!
eek.gif
My friend who had a CD player with a FM radio built in, also had good reception too. Where I live my radios have horrible reception and so does my micro wasn't that bad. I perfer to listen to online radio anyways, it was the only feature I didn't care much about.
-About the sensitivity issue on the touchpad, I thought it was fixed with the recent firmware or I got used to it pretty quickly.
- Recently I believe my own headphone jack can be broken w/serious abuse, I remember croaching down to pick something, and applied alot of upper body pressure on it a diff angle. I decided to experiment w/it...if I push it to the left really hard I can hear sound in one part of the headphones. Otherwise than that the jack is fine, I hope it isn't a warning that it would break very soon and anywho I have 2 year warranty at BB and 1year on Creative. I've seen a guide that it could be fixed easily if you know how to solder(it is a simple hardware prob) but you would void it.
-Battery is fine I used it for 8hrs everyday w/ my personalized EQ and turned off the backlight which would bring too much attention when I'm traveling. It goes down to two bars at the end of the day (5pm)also the Clicker off too since I find it useless, exception to people getting used to the touchpad I guess? If I used the backlight it would go down btwn 1-2hrs ago.
-I have had no exp w/failure to notice hardware/crashes/or slow transfer speeds( I don't use the Zen Explorer much, only for transfering files to my comp)with the the micro, I don't notice much of diff when it comes to time from using the explorer to dragging and dropping.

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #41 of 48
Both the Micro's I've had have never frozen. Its possible yours is freezing if your music was downloaded from P2P programs such as Kazaa or something since theyre not very good and can sometimes turn out corrupted.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #44 of 48
I own one and so does a few of my friends, other than a isolated case of a player needing to be RMAed for a faulty battery (does not take charge), I haven't experienced anything first hand that is negative. I have seen over exaggerated posts of player problems and they seem to come more from Ipod fans, it is kinda like hearing kentucky Fried Mouse story except that you know it is not within your circle of encounters, you always hear it but it is always a friend's friend's friend kind of a rumours.
smily_headphones1.gif
So dun worry about it.

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #45 of 48
Mine has been great so far - people who complain about the controls obviously have all the finger control of a baboon wearing boxing gloves. The only problem I had was a crash when turning the player on once, and once during play. The problem was fixed by simply removing and replacing the battery - no maintainence was required. I have used the maintainence functions and they work effectively. I play mine 8 hours a day straight through work and it lasts just great. I just put it to charge every night. You do however get some skips when the battery level drops to sub 20% - but they are minimal and most people will charge by then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back