The Zen micro- i want a straight answer
Jun 2, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 48
yea i borrowed my friend's touch, he said just because im asian i can borrow it, all asians have their needs
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

he's a funny kid lol. and from what i can "see" (har har asian joke to myself), its not that heavy either. buttons are very nicely placed, screen is humongous. can work with a remote which is cool. usb 2.0, cool back lit on/off button.

the only problem is the touch pad takes a while to get accustomed to. im sort of looking at the iriver h10 with the same touch pad, is it just the same? and i kinda have a bad feeling about this one; does this have a dedicated volume button either?

Jun 2, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
I have heard so many problems about this thing its not funny. i just want to know straight out, does the computer fail to recognize the player all the time? does the firmware crash when loading songs? does hard drive fail? does the headphones jack come loose? is the battery life not what the site claims it to be? i really like this little player, and if these problems are faulse now, id be glad to purchase one. thanks guys!

p.s. will it sound good and be able to drive my Senn 212 (not that i would use my seens for them)

No

The player crashes sometimes when removing and unplugging it from the computer after loading songs. I havent had this happen for a long time.

No, the hard drive is actually a good one. I've seen more HD problems with the iPods than i've seen with the micro.

Yes, the headphone jack does break/get flakey after a while. Creative is extending the labor warranty to include the labor and parts cost of repairing any headphone jacks (they dont state this in their warranty but you can email them to confirm it). But no recalls which is what they should really be doing.

The battery is about 10 hrs playing at 20/25 volume (pretty loud with low ohm headphones) with the EQ on.

The micro should be able to drive your 212's just fine.

You dont have to scroll through a bunch of menues to adjust the volume, you just unlock it and scroll up or down with your finger. I can do mine blind in my pocket, but it would be very nice to have some dedicated volume buttons.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #18 of 48
I bought my zen micro on march, and so far it has been flawless, NO problem at all, i'm enjoying it today like the day I bought it, it has not frozen once, not nothing.
This post just to prove there ARE none broken zen's out there

[sorry for crappy english]
max

Jun 2, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 48
Mine worked like a charm until the jack problem. Including my first Micro, I had 3 that got the problem. Everything else worked fine....recognition, battery life etc.

I'm now enjoying my wonderful (problem free) iRiver h10

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 48
the Zen Micro vs the Zen Neeon...which is better?

i am in such a dilemma now...

Heard that Neeon don't have removable battery, plus charger is sold separately, so in the end, both prices about the same is it?

And heard the touchpad is much better/easier to manage 5Gig of files rather than a scrollwheel...is it true?

Jun 3, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #23 of 48
It seems to do everything ok. I like to listen to music in bed or in the dark-a lot. What I found disturbing is that I can't control the thing in the dark very well. It's backlit I know, but you can't exactly search for the touchpad without activating some function. For example, if I wanted to simply change the volume, I touch the front part searching for the scroll section of the touch pad. If I accidentally touched forward or backwards, there it goes. The light is also blinding in the dark. I want to fall asleep with music, instead, I'm fiddling with it and gets frustrated as the music is repeated, or skipped. The sound is ok. The touchpad doesn't work well as I think it's too sensitive (I have the latest firmware). The Zen Micro is going back.

/f
ps. Zen Explorer hangs sometimes.

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Whenever you're not scrolling through any lists the touchpad acts as the dedicated volume "button".

sort of like the ipod scroll wheel. well, thats not bad at all!! i mean i did that with my ipod. i guess asking if its dedicated was the wrong way to word it. well, if the micro is like that, is thie the same for the iriver h10?

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
I have heard so many problems about this thing its not funny. i just want to know straight out, does the computer fail to recognize the player all the time? does the firmware crash when loading songs? does hard drive fail? does the headphones jack come loose? is the battery life not what the site claims it to be? i really like this little player, and if these problems are faulse now, id be glad to purchase one. thanks guys!

p.s. will it sound good and be able to drive my Senn 212 (not that i would use my seens for them)

Never had any of the problems you describe with my Micro. I use Windows Media Player to update songs and playlists and I've never had a crash.

As far as the headphone jack, no problem so far (6 months).

I do like the scroll wheel of the iPod better than the up-down of the Micro, but that is just my personal preference. And, yes, you can adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad right out of the box, no firmware upgrade is required.

All in all, I like the micro better than my 1st gen 10gb iPod. I especially like the replaceable battery (I get 10 hours if I don't fuss with it too much while it's playing).

The only real complaint I have with the Micro is the crappy FM tuner. I didn't expect that I would use it much anyway, but I never use it at all due to the bad reception.

Jun 4, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #29 of 48
well there you go,

i have question is there a way like with the ipod, while in your car to tune to a freq. on the radio that will play what your micro has?

like a micro>>>>>frequency>>> radio(comes out speakers?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back