The "You" Sandwich Thread!
Nov 19, 2005 at 7:51 AM Post #16 of 42
hmm... the me sandwich... I guess it might go something like:

1 ribeye steak grilled medium rare (or rare) cut into thin slices marinated in some sort of belgian beer marinade

my own special home-made colby cheese and belgian beer sauce (it's a house-hold favorite! and I can't give out the secret recipe here =)

thin slices of red onion grilled until carmelized

A hero roll basted with butter and grilled until grill marks are just visible.

Just pile on the steak, put heaps of warm cheese sauce on it, throw on the carmelized onions and ENJOY!... the Steve Sandwich is kept rather simple in order to keep from masking the flavor of the ribeye.

Nov 19, 2005 at 1:54 PM Post #20 of 42
Peanut butter and jelly on Wonder Bread With chocolate milk. Yummy.
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 42
It's tough deciding on the Steve Sandwich; so many sandwiches, so little time: but the top one would be:

Pastrami on Whole Wheat with hot deli horsradish mustard and multiple layers of thinly sliced Finlandia Swiss cheese so that the swiss kindof melts a little on the warm pastrami.

Maybe the NY Head-fiers should research an ultimate deli near the National Meet
580smile.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Maybe the NY Head-fiers should research an ultimate deli near the National Meet
580smile.gif

I'd appreciate it if you can find one with awesome roast beef. I haven't found any in my neighborhood (good roast beef, that is).

Nov 19, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #24 of 42
1. grilled sourdough, pulled bbq chicken, coleslaw, smoked bacon, cheddar.

2. grilled wheat, medium thickness carved turkey, bacon, guacamole, tomato, lettuce.

damn, now I'm really hungry.

Nov 19, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
1. grilled sourdough, pulled bbq chicken, coleslaw, smoked bacon, cheddar.

2. grilled wheat, medium thickness carved turkey, bacon, guacamole, tomato, lettuce.

damn, now I'm really hungry.

Now THAT'S a sandwhich!
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #27 of 42
Six inch veggie sandwich on some sort of german white bread with hummus. (don't ask) haha

She says the German white bread represents her ethnicity, veggies represent her hatred of meat (WHHHYYY?) and she's weird so that's why the hummus is there.

Nov 19, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1
Six inch veggie sandwich on some sort of german white bread with hummus. (don't ask) haha

mmm....bread + hummus = good

Nov 19, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 42
Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I always wanted to be a sandwich when I grew up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back