The worlds most extreme ER4-P
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
I had trouble deceiding in what forum this should be posted but plonked for this one.
Alex has done it again, the last 6' of V2 cable terminated in Neutrik xlr plugs.
Sound impressions will follow after some 100 hours of burn-in.

ER4-P APS V2 xlr.jpg

And the last 20" from the cutoff box for a P to S adaptor

p2s.jpg

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 115
Definately not, they are for use with my RPX-100. This is an experiment to see how far you can scale the ER4 driver.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice.

Im subscribing to this thread, so please put your impressions here!

I am also curious how the ER4* scales with the amp and balanced drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is very cool.

Please do keep us posted on your impressions.

'Dwebe

I will do. I go away over Christmas/New Year so the Jungson/RPX-100 will be left on repeat for about 10 days. Impressions to follw after New Year.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 115
Cool, really cool!
biggrin.gif

Destroys the portability, but should give you the ability to amplify them properly...

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you do it with ER-4P vs having them as ER-4S? Just wondering as I much prefer the ER-4S myself.

That was based on my preferring the "normal" APS P to APS S (I've had both). Naturally it could be different once they are balanced and with the V2 cable but since this has not been done before that was the best reference I had.

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #14 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all that cable weight, how do you keep it from being pulled off your ears?

Running the cable behind the ears works great and anyway I will only be using them in bed. Also the V2 cable is actually very light and flexible. It would never have worked with V3 though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now who's going to build this brave man a portable balanced β22?
beerchug.gif

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hijack your the thread. My ER-4S is the exact opposite:

No more Microphonics. The stock resistors replaced with TKD resistors (Audiophile Grade) and uses Sony cables
ph34r.gif

Very niece and clean. I think I like the looks of your cable to driver connection better than Alex's but I prefer Alex's soloution of having the risistors in the plug to totally avoid the bulge in the middle.

I have just had an ultra short listen to them and I can tell that my GS-1000 is cowering in fear. It's to early to make any definate comments but they sure sound great. This was with acapella choir in a mid size church singing danish christmas carols and towards the end of one I almost jumped through the roof when some small bells where peeling. They are not going to be able to upset my L3000 I think, they simply have not got the bass and physical presence but for my classical choir and chamber music I can see them with the potential to ousting the GS-1000.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 115
Wait, but say you plug that into a balanced amp - wouldn't the power delivered by a decent tube/SS amp blow up the teeny little drivers? You would probably have to keep the volume down to the lowest knob to keep your eardrums from imploding...
Then again, I've never had the (pleasure?) of experiencing IEMs plugged into a non-portable amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back