The Village Headphone Meet 2012 (Southern California) - Sunday, April 22, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #106 of 129
Apr 19, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #107 of 129
Maybe if there will be some Denon D2000s in the house, those are pretty much the only pair of cans i'm interested in now.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #108 of 129

Awesome, man! Looking forward to seeing you again, purrin.

Is it weird of me to be excited to simply meet the likes of Jude and Val? I probably sound super fanboy-ish, but I would just be glad to even meet some of the industry folks, let alone discuss and try audio with them :)

Kojaku

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #109 of 129

Quote:
anyone bringing Grado RS2i's?? 
biggrin.gif

I'll bring something better, HOHOHOHO.

Kojaku

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #113 of 129
Something special, I'll have Faders VIP earplugs and M-80 White Pearls available for purchase before ANYBODY else in the world.  I'll also have a few versions of M-100 and VAMP for feedback before mass production.  

We are so amped to have you all at the V-MODA Fortress!  Also, my girlfriend, DJ Soxxi and I will DJ some interesting chill music along with the Audeze crew.  My B&W Nautilus got a bit messed up at a party, but you can play with them if you like and compare vs your headphones in my sound proofed theater (that I NEVER use lately).  Bring your SACDs and tons of uncompressed music!

ANTIQUE HEADPHONES
I love to see old gear, so if you have any antiques PLEASE bring them so we can discuss them and play around. One of our mission statement goals is to be in museums, so "timeless" headphones are very precious for us to see and photograph.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #114 of 129
Surprisingly, I actually remembered to bring my ATH-ESW9s home from the office yesterday, so they will be on hand for use in the Portable Shootout.

I've been told by my family that I can't take the AppleTV off-line on Sunday, so instead of bringing the MBP and a 4Tb external drive with my whole music library, I'll be bringing a MBAir with about 75Gb of music loaded on the internal SSD. Unless I get ambitious and go get an external Thunderbolt drive in the next two days.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #116 of 129
Well it looks like i can make it after all.  I usually bring a bunch of gear, but may go light this time.  Guess i could throw in my cd player, dac, v200 and a pair of phones....? the ed 8s or the hd800s but i think most have heard all of what i have.  Don't know about bringing the Zana Deux.  Kinda hate moving the tubes around too much lately but i'll see how i feel Sunday.  Think i may just want to listen to other peoples setups more for once.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #117 of 129

Quote:
Well it looks like i can make it after all.  I usually bring a bunch of gear, but may go light this time.  Guess i could throw in my cd player, dac, v200 and a pair of phones....? the ed 8s or the hd800s but i think most have heard all of what i have.  Don't know about bringing the Zana Deux.  Kinda hate moving the tubes around too much lately but i'll see how i feel Sunday.  Think i may just want to listen to other peoples setups more for once.

Bring your 800s so we can compare.  
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #118 of 129
I actually am toying with the idea of bringing my Victor/JVC DX1000 because they seem rarer.  Just wearing them around and letting others hook them into their systems.  I only use them on occasion these days but every time i do they bring a smile to my face.  They really have a personality of their own.  I usually bring so much stuff and it is very burdensome.  HD800, I think you have a higher number?? i compared the HD800s with a much higher number than mine at the last meet and those were smoother and less edgy when listening closely a/b.  There does seem to be a trade off for clarity though, it's all a trade off one way or the other.  At the top end it's all good.
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #119 of 129

Quote:
I actually am toying with the idea of bringing my Victor/JVC DX1000 because they seem rarer.  Just wearing them around and letting others hook them into their systems.  I only use them on occasion these days but every time i do they bring a smile to my face.  They really have a personality of their own.  I usually bring so much stuff and it is very burdensome.  HD800, I think you have a higher number?? i compared the HD800s with a much higher number than mine at the last meet and those were smoother and less edgy when listening closely a/b.  There does seem to be a trade off for clarity though, it's all a trade off one way or the other.  At the top end it's all good.
tongue.gif

Yup higher number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back