The Vero Revolutionary Headphone Cabling System by MIT
Dec 11, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #122 of 143
Dec 12, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #124 of 143
I finally just got my vero cables! HOLY GOD THESE THINGS ARE AMAZING. I got the universal full dongle balanced, bass dongle balanced, adapt dongle balanced to 1/4, and the full reference cables in audeze mini xlrs. Listening to my new HE400i its a completely different headphone. It's now in the LCD2, maybe very close to LCD3's league in terms of clarity and realism. Adele has never sounded this good except when i had the LCD3's. The dongles have transformed my DT880s too. it had amazing vocals before when hooked uped to my valhalla 2s, but now the vocals are breathtaking when using the adapters. 

Still burning in my THx00 right now (got them today to along with the cables), can't wait until everything burns in. As is right now i think its worth every penny.

Side note: I was chatting with a co-worker about my new cables, and him being a trained engineer, was extremely doubtful (note not just skeptical, but doubtful), especially when he heard the price tag. He was thinking that this cable thing is ridiculous and it couldn't possibly make much of a difference....and so i let him listen. and he was honestly shocked how it actually does make a difference. lol

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #125 of 143
Looks like more problems down in Vero land. Just got this email:

"Dear Michael: You are receiving this notice because your order has not shipped as planned. We were successful in shipping 90% of our goal by last Tuesday, but today it is clear we are unable to recover the lost time from the Thanksgiving holiday, a 4 day break.

They tell me that 15 out of 17 would consider this a "belated success", but the other 2 will feel like it is a "colossal disappointment". Fortunately, this is nothing that a little more time won't cure, but it still feels like a broken promise to you, I'm sure. I am very sorry for the extended delay. After the RMA debacle, I realize this is another draw on your patience.

For the most part we have parts we need to finish, but there are supplier backlogs for Mr. Speaker, HiFi Man and Sennheiser that UPS and FedEx have yet to deliver. Both companies report huge increases in online shopping is clogging their arteries. Regardless, most of the delay is due to the limits of labor hours. It was a lot more labor than we planned, due to the sheer number of orders with broad variances, changes and custom order requests. Last count we had 59 variances from the original design. We don't like to say "no", and "yes" has gotten us into a little difficulty with our friends! Soon, it will be over so please stand by for your next update.

At the worst, the factory Manager says we are another 10 days from the finish so your order is in the final queue, and will soon be on the way. Many thanks for your tolerance and extended patience.
Kent"

After the mess-up with the "balanced" cables and then promises about ship dates this is more salt in the wound, especially since my connectors are for Audeze, which is not on the the list of delayed suppliers. And no refund yet as promised of the return shipping charges from the "bad" first set of cables.

And no "in light of these issues we're going to make up for it by..." type of outreach, which would have been nice.

Ugh.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #126 of 143
After the mess-up with the "balanced" cables and then promises about ship dates this is more salt in the wound, especially since my connectors are for Audeze, which is not on the the list of delayed suppliers. And no refund yet as promised of the return shipping charges from the "bad" first set of cables.

And no "in light of these issues we're going to make up for it by..." type of outreach, which would have been nice.

Ugh.

Kent told me that the RMA shipping costs would be reimbursed by a check included with our Vero when they ship.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #127 of 143

Kent told me that the RMA shipping costs would be reimbursed by a check included with our Vero when they ship.

Cool. Thanks for the info Brian! This wasn't made clear in the messaging from MIT but sounds like an understandable and logical approach. Cheers 

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #128 of 143
My Vero Reference cable and Full Range dongle came in today! I have the Reference cable burning in right now but the initial take on it is a definate improvement over my Norne Solve X for my HE1000. I also heard a positive difference with my HD800 and stock cable as well. I am really looking forward to doing a better listen at the two day burn in point.  

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #129 of 143
My order was promised from end of Sept until now.  
No words and delay email from them.  
It was always me ask Kim for the update.  
First was "oh they send out to the wrong person with same name (?)".  
The rest emails were always promising to ship out next week but ended up ask them again weeks later where my order was.
And of course, the answer is always the same, they will ship out next week.

I totally gave up hope for receiving the cable...  

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #131 of 143
Gee Johnkkraus, funny you ask...

OK, I just received the replacement balanced full range and bass dongle cables with Audeze ends a couple days ago and did a bit of comparisons tonight.  I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.  I was very skeptical and some of my observations were unexpected.

First on my LCD 2.2, I normally use with a balanced DHC Nucleotide cable that Benjamin here made for me.  This cable is a huge improvement over the stock cable.  I recently got the Cavalli Carbon amp and they all work well together.  First I tried just adding the bass dongle to the DHC cable and have to say the bass dongle had almost no effect at all to my ear.  Then I swapped out the DHC for the MIT w/o bass dongle and the whole presentation was slightly more detailed, particularly in the highs.  I heard more presence and better separation of the instruments.  However, this was at the expense of body and weight. And the vocals sounded slightly artificial in comparison.   Overall I found the DHC cable to be more involving and organic.  It reminded me of rolling tubes, you always pay for an improvement in one area by sacrificing something in another area...  

Next I tried the bass dongle on my HD800 with the Anax Mod and a PCOCC balanced cable Sonny over at Audiocircle made for me.  This is a great cable, all my interconnects and speaker cables are made from this.  First I played the same material that I had been listening to on the Audeze headphones and as you may know, the character of the HD800 is very different from the LCD 2.2.  There was much more detail in the high end and the bass seemed seriously anemic, especially after listening to the LCD for a while.  But when I added the dongle, WOW!  The low end came alive and got real weighty, without interfering with the mids or highs.  The detail remained, in fact it increased in the low end but was weightier too.  That was a very welcomed improvement.  I also noticed in "Sing, Sing, Sing" from the Swing Kids soundtrack, there's a section where there's some incredible Tuba and Trombone action, but the acoustic bass is plucking along as well.  I didn't hear this in the LCD's with either cable or the HD800 until I added the bass dongle, so that tells me the dongle really helped not just add body, but separation and detail.  

More listening to come, particularly classical and rock next...  as it stands, I will be using the bass dongle with the HD800's for now!

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #133 of 143
I am done with MIT cables and their future products.

Both Kim and Kent showed irresponsibility on my delayed order and expect me to accept their fault of delaying.

If they told me I would get it at end of Dec, I'm totally fine with that.
But they lied and kept postponing the date without telling me for at least 3 times.
I have now a highly doubt on their company's reputation!!

At least to me, I will not fund and buy any of their product in the future.

Good luck for those still waiting their cables!!!

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #135 of 143
Out of the box i found the cable to increase clarity on my HD800 but it has definitely reduced the spaciousness/airiness or the headphone. Hoping burn in will fix this. Apparently 2 days 75% performance, 2 weeks 100% performance.

I did come from a single ended connector to to a 4pin XLR though so perhaps the changes in clarity may be from that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back