The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #586 of 1,222
So if I get a Toslink cable for the T3, is the miniplug connector appropriate then? Like this one from Lifatec:

That 3.5mm optical connection would work from the T3 to a TOSlink optical device, yes.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #588 of 1,222

So if I get a Toslink cable for the T3, is the miniplug connector appropriate then? Like this one from Lifatec:

This is what I would be hoping for. Square end for DAC and the Mini Toslink in to the T3

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #589 of 1,222

I guess this was all discussed before, but anyways... The problems is that the DAC/Amp increase price and force unnecessary compromises in terms of Out slots (e.g. Coax and Toslink shouldn't be shared). This decreases the value of the T3 as a transport...

Try explaining that to the fans here who neither understand nor care about such realities.

The product owner have already said otherwise..it has been beaten to death..it was discussed and debated on what a pure transport is...but the economics of the business won't let them do it this way..also he even changed the title of the thread..so please let it go already..why don't you search for James answers on this thread

not DAC means it can't works with portalbe amp like our E12/E12A and other great amps.    not amp means someone may buy it and return to the Amazon and complain what the **** it is .  not everyone know what transport means so a very high integrated amp/dac is necessary. in fact, it will not cost too much. with ES9018K2M and ES9601, the design is very easy and simple. here is the referent design from ESS.

I believe that there are someone will insist on that the pure transport will be the best, I think it is ok and if the demand is big enough someone will make it in the future. but we don't need to discuss this in this thread cause we have dediced to include a very simple and cost efficent DAC/AMP from ESS. trust me there will have not big diffence between pure transport and transport with dac/amp in cost, size, battery life.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #590 of 1,222
This is what I would be hoping for. Square end for DAC and the Mini Toslink in to the T3

TOSlink is the square end. :wink_face:

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #591 of 1,222
TOSlink is the square end.
wink_face.gif

I know

I was speaking in simple terms to explain the photo
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #592 of 1,222
 not DAC means it can't works with portalbe amp like our E12/E12A and other great amps.    not amp means someone may buy it and return to the Amazon and complain what the **** it is .  not everyone know what transport means so a very high integrated amp/dac is necessary. in fact, it will not cost too much. with ES9018K2M and ES9601, the design is very easy and simple. here is the referent design from ESS.

Yes, I can see this as a valid concern from the perspective of FiiO. Though hopefully at one point they'll decide to go for a pure transport, for the hardcore audiophilia.

But still, it is not clear to me how much Coax/Toslink sharing the slot will compromise implementation... Will the Coax out feature galvanic isolation, as per the spec requirements?

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #593 of 1,222
I know

I was speaking in simple terms to explain the photo
:D

Sorry, you said "mini TOSlink" but TOSlink (Toshiba link) is the description of the square plug as opposed to a 3.5mm mini optical. I know, I'm being quite picky but some don't know the difference.

:beerchug:

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #594 of 1,222

The product owner have already said otherwise..it has been beaten to death..it was discussed and debated on what a pure transport is...but the economics of the business won't let them do it this way..also he even changed the title of the thread..so please let it go already..why don't you search for James answers on this thread

I was responding specifically to landroni who quoted something I said earlier. And it was in reference to replies by certain uninformed head-fiers whom I shall respectfully not mention.

Nobody is raising a dead horse here. But this being a forum thread, and not a fan club, you will have to put up with an occasional criticism among the sea of praises. Judging from the regularity of new people coming in and reiterating the same issues, your pain is far from over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back