The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #362 of 1,222
seems we have all the answers for the next step
L3000.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #363 of 1,222
Mar 16, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #364 of 1,222
@JamesFiiO , Hi!

Not so long ago, looking for new ways of sound transport/source, I wished Fiio had the features suited for my needs. At the end I decided to wait and use what I have in hands Ipod Nano+LOD cable+Fiio E12. Hope I made a right decision choosing “to wait” )

Below are my thought on the matter.

Target group. IMHO future sound transport has to satisfy these three groups:

a. Beginners thinking about future upgrade of headphones, AMP, AMP/DAC etc. So a device should have good DAC and amplifier powerful enough for 32Ohm IEM

b. Guys looking for upgrade for more/best amplification. So highly wanted are decent DAC and physically separate (sic) Line Out from Phone Out, so to completely remove all influence of embedded amplifier on a tract. An upgrade alternative to Fiio E12 like mine or E12A. I even agree on proprietary socket and chargers for $39.99 ))) but pls don’t combine Line Out with Phone Out tract of an amplifier.

c. Guys looking to use a transport together with AMP/DAC. Here the multitude of commutation options is most important. Nice example is using it with Fiio Q5.

About the design. Sorry but that what you show in first post doesn’t look good. The transport should be slim (10-12mm I think). It shouldn’t be think because we assume it is going to be used with external AMP or AMP/DAC. Even if the slickness will affect it autonomy. An example of ideal visual slickness and dimensions: AK Jr + E12A. All your products must be looking like big Hi-Fi components in one internal and external design.

OS. I think the best firmware would be your custom OS based on Linux.

Interface. Unless it’s odd job Android, ideal would be swipe oriented controls. Something based on gestures, like N9, Sailfish, or Ubuntu Touch.

Second SD card slot is excessive in my opinion. The price of space in a player and price of implementing it a lot more than a price for second, third or 10th card in your pocket.

Price. Be it $200-300 that would be ideal.

Your loyal customer :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #365 of 1,222
  @JamesFiiO , Hi!

Not so long ago, looking for new ways of sound transport/source, I wished Fiio had the features suited for my needs. At the end I decided to wait and use what I have in hands Ipod Nano+LOD cable+Fiio E12. Hope I made a right decision choosing “to wait” )

Below are my thought on the matter.

Target group. IMHO future sound transport has to satisfy these three groups:

a. Beginners thinking about future upgrade of headphones, AMP, AMP/DAC etc. So a device should have good DAC and amplifier powerful enough for 32Ohm IEM

b. Guys looking for upgrade for more/best amplification. So highly wanted are decent DAC and physically separate (sic) Line Out from Phone Out, so to completely remove all influence of embedded amplifier on a tract. An upgrade alternative to Fiio E12 like mine or E12A. I even agree on proprietary socket and chargers for $39.99 ))) but pls don’t combine Line Out with Phone Out tract of an amplifier.

c. Guys looking to use a transport together with AMP/DAC. Here the multitude of commutation options is most important. Nice example is using it with Fiio Q5.

About the design. Sorry but that what you show in first post doesn’t look good. The transport should be slim (10-12mm I think). It shouldn’t be think because we assume it is going to be used with external AMP or AMP/DAC. Even if the slickness will affect it autonomy. An example of ideal visual slickness and dimensions: AK Jr + E12A. All your products must be looking like big Hi-Fi components in one internal and external design.

OS. I think the best firmware would be your custom OS based on Linux.

Interface. Unless it’s odd job Android, ideal would be swipe oriented controls. Something based on gestures, like N9, Sailfish, or Ubuntu Touch.

Second SD card slot is excessive in my opinion. The price of space in a player and price of implementing it a lot more than a price for second, third or 10th card in your pocket.

Price. Be it $200-300 that would be ideal.

Your loyal customer :)

^ its been mentioned in this thread that the device will be probably 10mm thick

also, I think you are the only one in this thread that do not want a second SD card slot, the main objective of this transport is high capacity and connectivity..a simple DAC/AMP is thrown in to broaden the market of this device..also, I think James is already set with this so..

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #366 of 1,222
  <snip>

</snip>

Without the focus on storage, then there's no point in FiiO building this at all as they already have products in the space you're describing, as do a multitude of competitors.  Swapping cards is a pain and means you're stuck in folder-browsing mode.  And I don't want to be managing media and having to keep track of what music/artist/genre is on which card.

The sole reason I didn't pick up an X7 was lack of storage capacity.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #367 of 1,222

Without the focus on storage, then there's no point in FiiO building this at all as they already have products in the space you're describing, as do a multitude of competitors.  Swapping cards is a pain and means you're stuck in folder-browsing mode.  And I don't want to be managing media and having to keep track of what music/artist/genre is on which card.

The sole reason I didn't pick up an X7 was lack of storage capacity.

2nd SD card was in my post on last place :)  , and it's my opinion and not so important point.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #368 of 1,222
Lol, James, could you please build a motorcycle to efficiently get me from one place to the next but add two extra wheels and and windshield because I hate the wind. Also, can you please add a back seat because that's my preference. While you're at it I don't need a fuel tank because it costs money to fill.

:veryevil:

Tongue firmly in cheek with this post.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #369 of 1,222
I would like a tea maker that will fit in the back pocket of my lederhosen
But seriously , I am still on board with optical out , two sd cards , touch screen and basic dac/amp chip 
What's next ?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #371 of 1,222
  BTW, we may put this project in i
ndiegogo to see if ther are enough customers who want to buy this transport

Makes sense to me, would help avoiding a dud

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #372 of 1,222
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #373 of 1,222
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #374 of 1,222
My experience with Indiegogo is not good.

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #375 of 1,222
If for nothing else I'd love to see Fiio put up a Indiegogo campaign, crowdsource/crowd-design/crowd-whatever it and deliver the "perks" in 3 or 4 mth. The meltdown for folks waiting for a certain DAP for couple of years would be epic! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back