The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Sep 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,036 of 1,222
t3 or x1ii

X1 ii has only a single micro SD slot, poor battery life and no digital output so it changes nothing.

I notice than the new Shanling M1 has USB output but as it also has only a single micro SD slot and poor battery life, it also changes nothing.

Still waiting for T3...

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,037 of 1,222
How about a T3 with 2 Terabytes of storage...!?! 
eek.gif

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10692/western-digital-shows-off-prototype-1tb-sdxc-card-at-photokina-2016

It'll be stupid expensive when it premiers, but it is coming and in the future the prices will eventually go down as competition catches up.  So please James, make sure the T3 is compatible with the larger capacities coming down the pipe!  Ain't technology grand...? 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,038 of 1,222
I got few days ago my Kingston 512 GB SDXC card for 170 Euro works pretty fine (SD to microSD adapter) on every device (Smartphone, DAP, etc.) even on a pretty old Sansa Clip+ which was made in a time without any SD card over 64 GB size. Only FAT32 formatted was important since exFAT was for my test devices not supported and NTFS is not a good idea with SD cards. So I don't think up to 2 TB (which is the MBR limit, for more we need GPT) SD cards would cause a problem for the FiiO T3. A problem for sure is indexing so many files into database, this is a other topic and challenge, but access and read such big SD cards in folder mode would not cause a issue.

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,040 of 1,222
I know only the Lotoo PAW 5000 as budget tip for a DAP with optical out. I already tested with Chord Mojo and iFi micro iDSD over toslink worked perfect in both cases, small footprint as well.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #1,042 of 1,222
shanling m1 has been released. it has only usb out. due to price and small build it can be a good prospect for chord mojo. is there any probable release date for t3 ? I wanted a cheap transport for hugo and mojo with optical out.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,043 of 1,222
Is it true it has USB out? If so it might be my option if T3 stays without concrete news.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #1,047 of 1,222
Fiio should really see the high demand the Shanling M1 get and rush T3 development fast.. C'mon Fiio.. How could you not see it as a big gulf in the market?
I'd prefer bigger profile with more screen real estate and features than Shanling "too tiny to hold in hand" size really..

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,048 of 1,222
Fiio should really see the high demand the Shanling M1 get and rush T3 development fast.. C'mon Fiio.. How could you not see it as a big gulf in the market?
I'd prefer bigger profile with more screen real estate and features than Shanling "too tiny to hold in hand" size really..

I'm also curious about the Shanling M1. Recently so many people around me started looking around for a portable USB OTG transport to hook up to their DACs.
AK has also done a great job with AK70 to fulfill that role, which means they grabbed a new customer base of transport-seekers as well as the entry level crowd.

Personally, as many people already said, it's the storage space that's the problem for me at the moment.
I've been looking around for some smartphones or tablets with dual SD slots, but there aren't that many around, so that's what would make the T3 special.

I hope the T3 development is going well.
Fiio has experience with Android touch screen device (X7), and non-android, non-touch device (X1, X3, X5), but maybe they are struggling with making a new OS for T3 from scratch.

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,049 of 1,222
How much will this cost?  Does it have a DAC for the computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back