The unofficial Skyrim thread.
Nov 16, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #91 of 426
Quote:
Yeah, I think female elves look especially wonky in this game. When I was creating my character I was a bit taken aback by how the defaults looked old and were all sportin' mohawks.

Everyone looks a bit old now; I had to make a few changes to my character's planned back story to accommodate that. I ended up playing a female Breton because the Breton could give me the appearance I wanted for my (originally intended to be elven) character more easily than an elf.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #92 of 426
There are already some mods to fix some of the appearance issues with elves and faces/bodies in general.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #93 of 426
The map in this game is freaking huge.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #94 of 426
Question... Are sea wrecks as in Morrowind restored so you can actually spend some quality time under water? I was a argonian (lizard race?) and loved it´s swimming abilities.

If anybody else find this all to amusing I can highly recommend the Endless ocean series for Wii :)

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #95 of 426
Dunno, I've only ever been as far as the ocean once, and I didn't go in. Dwemer ruins are back in style, so maybe the sea wrecks are, too. I can take a look next time I'm on the coast.

Nov 18, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #96 of 426

Quote:
Question... Are sea wrecks as in Morrowind restored so you can actually spend some quality time under water? I was a argonian (lizard race?) and loved it´s swimming abilities.

If anybody else find this all to amusing I can highly recommend the Endless ocean series for Wii :)

Yes i found one. It was split in 2 and had skeletons in it.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #97 of 426
I found M'aiq! 
biggrin.gif

I can die happy now.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #99 of 426

Quote:
First person view gives me motion sickness.  Could it be changed to third person view ?

Yes.  If you're on the PC, just use the mouse wheel to scroll out.  Not sure how to do it on the console version though.

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #102 of 426
You get a crosshair.

Today my mage (level 20 now!) slaughtered three or four dragons. One I found on the top of a mountain (I won't spoil where), close to a Word Wall, on my way to town to unload a full inventory. He caught me by surprise but I managed to take him out. I planned to fast travel to a town and back so I could loot him, but went to the wall first. What should pop out of the nearby coffin but a dragon priest with more health than the dragon? One more epic battle later and I have 390/300 weight in my inventory, and not wanting to risk any of it I hauled it all to town. Took me half an hour to walk there, with the help of some Whirlwind Sprints 
biggrin.gif

Fun fact: Some special named dragon priests apparently drop this cool mask-like item. The one I got boosted skills I don't use, so I don't use it. But by some glitch you can equip the Jagged Crown from Empire/Stormcloak quests and one of the masks at the same time. Your face disappears, but you get to wear two helmets for bonus armor.

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #103 of 426
After having played Elderscrolls games since Dagerfall it's nice to see that Skyrim is a nice mix between the Morrowind style and Battlespire with more content then Morrowind and Oblivon combined.
The leveling system is good too, Morrowind and Oblivion where too weird here, too hard to get the most of your levels in those, still miss the Daggerfall and Battlespire system though, but Skyrim is fine.
I'm level 54 so far and completed all the guilds, the main quest, the Daedra quests and lot more, but there must be some more quests in the various towns, but it might be about time to start a new character.

Archers can get totally crazy, I have a Daedric bow that does over 400 damage, to get there you need to be a master smith, enchanter and archer of cause, works best if you are good at sneaking though.

For those who still enjoy Daggerfall, take a look at this:
http://xlengine.com/

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #104 of 426
A good 24 hours into the game and I haven't even been to half the main cities in Skyrim. I'm overall very pleased with this game and combat is so much more satisfying than in any of it's predecessors. I also feel it does well to keep things interesting and have lots of nice little details and varied dungeons, which was one of my main complaints with Oblivion when compared to Morrowind.

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #105 of 426
Quote:
A good 24 hours into the game and I haven't even been to half the main cities in Skyrim. I'm overall very pleased with this game and combat is so much more satisfying than in any of it's predecessors. I also feel it does well to keep things interesting and have lots of nice little details and varied dungeons, which was one of my main complaints with Oblivion when compared to Morrowind.

I haven't been to Markarth or Riften yet. I absolutely love the designs of the other cities and towns.

Maybe I'll pop down to Riften once I'm done finishing up quests around Windhelm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back