The unofficial Skyrim thread.
Nov 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #32 of 426
Get the PC version 
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #33 of 426

Quote:
Why? The average gamer doesn't stop gaming. Gaming was popularized 20 years ago, if they were teenagers at the time they'd be in their mid 30s now.

Here, think of it like this. Assume a constant rate of growth of 100 new gamers every year (we're working with small scales), and assume they start at age 15. Now assume older gamer numbers don't decrease. That's reasonable, because for every one that quits another might pick the hobby up.
  1. In year 1 there's 100 gamers age 15. The average age is 15.
  2. In year 2 there's 100 gamers age 15, and 100 gamers age 16. The average age is 15.5.
  3. Year 3, 100 15, 100 16, and 100 17 year olds. The average age is 16.

Etc.

Ok that makes sense.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #35 of 426

Quote:
32 more minutes for me!
biggrin.gif

See you all next year.
rolleyes.gif

Lmao i still got a good 2.5 hours to go. Curse living on the west coast. But why am i complaining i'm buying it later. I hate lines.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #36 of 426
PC version is what to get as always. I am moving so I will stay well away or nothing will get done :wink: 

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #37 of 426
Good game but could be better. The graphics is pretty bad even when I set every thing to ultra. Also the game is horribly rendered as I get 25-40 FPS on my HD 5870 which is lowest frame rate I ever seen from a game (including crisis 2, Metro 2033, witchier 2, etc.)

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #38 of 426

Quote:
Good game but could be better. The graphics is pretty bad even when I set every thing to ultra. Also the game is horribly rendered as I get 25-40 FPS on my HD 5870 which is lowest frame rate I ever seen from a game (including crisis 2, Metro 2033, witchier 2, etc.)

It's not about the graphics, man...

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #39 of 426
Quote:

What's your processor? Because the game is a huge open world with complex AI, it's very CPU-dependent. I would hope they improved things over Oblivion and are using multiple cores now.

And yes, the graphics are the last thing to think about with an Elder Scrolls game.

Unfortunately I won't get my copy until Monday, it seems. Apparently Newegg doesn't ship preorders out with one day shipping like Amazon does. Oh well, I saved $12. That'll give me time to enjoy the next MLP episode and catch up on some Doctor Who before my life is consumed.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #41 of 426
Honestly, I thought that graphics were pretty good given the scale of the game, also runs smooth on high settings for me.  The only thing I've noticed graphics-wise is missing/messed up textures.  Haven't tried ultra settings yet but will try later after work to see how well that runs on my system (HD6870, i5-2500k).

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 426
Completely agree with Beamthegreat; the graphics are horrible imo. Compared to The Witcher 2, which is similar in style to Skyrim, it looks like they're a generation apart. The animations are awkward, people float around a lot Haven't really done much in game yet, been playing around with settings trying to get it to look and run decent. It seems to like a single 5870 better than two, which is annoying. 

The menu's really show how obvious a console port Skyrim is. Disappointing, but most pc games seems to be that way nowadays anyways.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #43 of 426
Quote:
Completely agree with Beamthegreat; the graphics are horrible imo. Compared to The Witcher 2, which is similar in style to Skyrim, it looks like they're a generation apart. The animations are awkward, people float around a lot Haven't really done much in game yet, been playing around with settings trying to get it to look and run decent. It seems to like a single 5870 better than two, which is annoying. 

The menu's really show how obvious a console port Skyrim is. Disappointing, but most pc games seems to be that way nowadays anyways.

The Witcher 2 is a completely different style. It's a series of closed maps with invisible walls along every path. They have the time and space to make each path look pretty. Skyrim is an open-world game with no invisible walls and over a hundred unique dungeons. You can't expect the same level of textural detail.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #44 of 426

Quote:
The Witcher 2 is a completely different style. It's a series of closed maps with invisible walls along every path. They have the time and space to make each path look pretty. Skyrim is an open-world game with no invisible walls and over a hundred unique dungeons. You can't expect the same level of textural detail.

Gotta agree here, skyrim is completely different. Its massive, if its like oblivion, its massive. And yes, the downside of SLI/Crossfire is some games dont support it. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #45 of 426
Grrr Witcher 2 hype machine
mad.gif

Anyway, I don't know what your problem is with the graphics of Skyrim. It looks fine to me, and I love the water and the distant mountains in the snow. Also, it runs perfectly smooth for me. Nobody needs 200 fps.

d448d8f9_Skyrim-1.jpeg

Okay, so maybe the bushes look a bit tacky, but so what? It doesn't keep me from enjoying the game. If the attention of the developers went to things other than the prettiest graphics possible, good for them! I think the gaming public today are too focused on graphics, and too quick to cry 'bad graphics' on anything and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back