The Ultrasone HFI-2200 (56k, no)
Oct 28, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #91 of 103
Well I've had my Ultrasone Proline 750s for over a week now and they have been cooking/burning-in for almost that entire time. In addition to that I've also figured out a method of relaxing the somewhat tight headband for slightly looser fit on my BIG head.

Headbandstretch.jpg

Basically what I did was:

1) find a nice thick hardcover book
2) remove the earpads
3) extend the earpieces
4) stretch headphones around book and leave in place for several days

Plus I did all this while also doing the burn-in. A double whammy!

It works like a charm!

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
BTW- I have edited and removed some of the threads that have personal attacks in them. Keep it civil guys. Not everyone here is a headphone engineer.

Ya I noticed.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #93 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline
Well I've had my Ultrasone Proline 750s for over a week now and they have been cooking/burning-in for almost that entire time. In addition to that I've also figured out a method of relaxing the somewhat tight headband for slightly looser fit on my BIG head.

That's a HUGE stretch you got going on
lambda.gif

Mine have spent a lot of time clamped to my computer tower, and they have gotten a lot more comfortable. Keep an eye on the padding up top. The adhesive on one of the edges came loose when I was stretching mine, but can be easily restuck once I get them to a point where I'm completely comfortable with the clamp pressure (almost there).

Oct 29, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #94 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage
That's a HUGE stretch you got going on
lambda.gif

Mine have spent a lot of time clamped to my computer tower, and they have gotten a lot more comfortable. Keep an eye on the padding up top. The adhesive on one of the edges came loose when I was stretching mine, but can be easily restuck once I get them to a point where I'm completely comfortable with the clamp pressure (almost there).

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep a close eye on that potential trouble spot but so far so good. And yes, it was quite a stretch but that plastic the headband is made out of is rather strong so I had to be somewhat extreme to get kind of permanent deflection going that I needed but now the fit is much more comfortable.

These 750s are really good phones. I was listening to the new Decemberists CD last night and the 750s does a great job of getting the full effect of the pulsating drums alongside the soaring violins on the opening track. Very sweet indeed.

Oct 29, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #95 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Ya I noticed.
rolleyes.gif

I am glad you noticed because you were the biggest offender
rolleyes.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #96 of 103
I gotta ask, do these headphones have the colors in the pics you posted, or are the photos others have posted a better representation of what they look like in real life?

I have some of the Ultrasone and Headroom photos in this thread.

Basically do they look like this:
ultrasone1pf8.jpg

or like this:
0020362200_787.jpg

...? With the first photos (and others posted by Spaceage) notice how much more orange they look...and less brown.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #97 of 103
The second pic is doctored IMO, and it is brighter, someone scrolled the bright control in Photoshop too much, they look more like the first, but that pic is a little dark too...They are brown in color, dark brown, not that pale as the second picture...

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #98 of 103
I have those headphones in my possession now, and can say it's just like Sovkiller states.

EDIT: The pads look like a orangy/brown to me.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #99 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The second pic is doctored IMO, and it is brighter, someone scrolled the bright control in Photoshop too much, they look more like the first, but that pic is a little dark too...They are brown in color, dark brown, not that pale as the second picture...

That someone is Headroom. That is where I snagged that second photo from.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #100 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically do they look like this:

or like this:

I think the short answer is YES, they look like both, it all depends on the lighting. I don't believe that the Headroom shots were necessarily "doctored", just lit differently by their professional photographer.

And I just picked up a pair of these lovelies myself at the post-holiday sales!
hfi2200ulezr6.png

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #101 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received both the 2200ULE and Proline 2500's for review last week

Aaron, any update on the review of these two cans?

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #103 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the short answer is YES, they look like both, it all depends on the lighting. I don't believe that the Headroom shots were necessarily "doctored", just lit differently by their professional photographer.

And I just picked up a pair of these lovelies myself at the post-holiday sales!
hfi2200ulezr6.png

With doctored I mean that someone retouched it in Photoshop, trying to accentuate the brown color. That is a comon procedure, nothing wrong on that, beleive me, I know what I'm talking about, I know a few designers from several magazines, and the brightness was lifted a little bit, (or was picture taken with too much light)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back