The Ultimate Tweak
Oct 18, 2005 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

omedon

500+ Head-Fier
Comfort

Whenever I am 'not feeling it' with my system I just sit down with a fine scotch or craft brewed beer, put on some low lighting and sit back in a comfy leather chair. Music improves like 100% and I just melt before it.

Works for me anyways.

Oct 18, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 9
Don't forget the cigar! (thanks, Grawk)
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 9
I hear ya. The only thing I really enjoy about winter is kicking back in front of a waning fire after the wife and kids are asleep with a great porter or stout, my cans, and some good tunes for an hour or two. Ultimate relaxation, and it doesn't cost a dime, except for the beers.
rs1smile.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I hear ya. The only thing I really enjoy about winter is kicking back in front of a waning fire after the wife and kids are asleep with a great porter or stout, my cans, and some good tunes for an hour or two. Ultimate relaxation, and it doesn't cost a dime, except for the beers.
rs1smile.gif

sounds wonderful! I can't wait for winter to kick in full force. My all tube system has WAY too easy a time keeping the temp in my listening room above 80 degrees.

I definitely feel you on the alcohol improving listening thing. I've spent many a night sipping after a nice Islay while listening to some of my better vinyl... heh come to think of it, those nights are when I appreciate what I have rather then critique/desire to improve it.

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #9 of 9
I don't know...

...for me alcohol takes sensitivity away (BTW, this also applies to sex, which some people seem to think is better with reduced mental presence). My experience is that there are other substances that stimulate sensual perception better and can make music a sacral or metaphysical experience -- I'm speaking of the green herb growing in every better garden that can be inhaled.
confused.gif

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back