THE Ultimate Step-By-Step Hifiman Headband Replacement Guide from OLDSTOCK Hifiman (HE-4/5LE/6/400/500) into the NEWSTOCK (HE-400i/560) !!!
Oct 3, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #151 of 180
Man, these he350s sound really good :).

vuIolMA.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #156 of 180
HE-500 with newer style Hifiman headband (also no model number on this headband makes it more sleek). Whilst I was changing the cups over, I broke one of the SMC connectors, and I had some new ones but also some mono 3.5mm sockets and decided that they were a perfect fit so now they have 3.5mm sockets installed. Currently with HM5 angled pleather but they are lacking some sparkle so need to pad roll a little.

Thanks for this guide, I made one of the holes a tiny bit too big so there was a little play, so what I did was put a ring of heatshrink on the tab of the headband and that tightened it up. Overall very happy, these cups are a little dented and far from cosmetically mint, but it doesn't matter when they sound this good :D

IMG_20171202_103351-01.jpeg IMG_20171202_103405-01.jpeg

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #159 of 180
I just wanted to jump in here and say that if you aren't interested in doing all the drilling, soldering, etc. that is required for this mod. Why not just replace your original Hifiman headband with a brand new Audeze LCD2C headband? The swap requires only a screwdriver and a few minutes of your time! I recently did the swap on my Code-X. I can post more detailed information if anyone is interested.

luvth7s.jpg

2YOC1qi.jpg

qYPrqqi.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #161 of 180
You can buy the headband + full yoke replacement kit from Audeze for $165 total. It comes with everything you need to do the swap except the following:

1. 4x 2.5mm washers
  2. 1x Small phillips head screwdriver
  3. 1x Small flat head screwdriver

That's all you need!

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #163 of 180
HE-500 with newer style Hifiman headband (also no model number on this headband makes it more sleek). Whilst I was changing the cups over, I broke one of the SMC connectors, and I had some new ones but also some mono 3.5mm sockets and decided that they were a perfect fit so now they have 3.5mm sockets installed. Currently with HM5 angled pleather but they are lacking some sparkle so need to pad roll a little.

Thanks for this guide, I made one of the holes a tiny bit too big so there was a little play, so what I did was put a ring of heatshrink on the tab of the headband and that tightened it up. Overall very happy, these cups are a little dented and far from cosmetically mint, but it doesn't matter when they sound this good :D

Did u remove the number on the headband or did you purchase it like that.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #164 of 180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back