THE ULTIMATE BALANCED DYNAMIC AMP/PHONE COMBO ?
Dec 23, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 10
I have not tried SDS yet.

for now, K701 or R10 w/ Rudistor RP010 B1 is my choice
cool.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mateo05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy...Sony R10's off an SDS-XLR. The pair I heard off of a balanced Supra were amazing...

QFT
For most music types this is close to unbeatable...although I'd probably add an L3000 or PS-1 to cover all the bases. Of course if you just want one setup that can do anything HE90+ ES-1 with the ever improving tube combos is simply unbeatable but you of course know that...

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 10
electrostatic headphones are balenced. because of that, i think a maxed out ES-1 with an HE90 would be the king of them all.

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 10
For a balanced amp, I like the DynaMight. I've got the boards, chips and some parts here. I'll get to it.

As for the headphones, I'll run the K-1000 off it for sure. Same with the HD-650, and might even recable the RS-1 to be balanced.

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
electrostatic headphones are balenced. because of that, i think a maxed out ES-1 with an HE90 would be the king of them all.

Quite possibly, but the OP asked about dynamic headphones.
blink.gif

I have not heard nearly enough cans to comment properly on this, but I can say that the HD-650s are probably the cans most transformed by going from single-ended to balanced configuration. I suspect mating them to one of the top tier balanced amps (as opposed to all those economy balanced units, right?) would make for a contender that would be difficult to beat.

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would have been my guess too, but at the National's, Mikhail had the R10/SDSXLR set up across the isle from Bosebuttons various HE90 set-ups.
Now it could have been the John Holmes headphone cable
biggrin.gif
that Mikhail was using, but his set-up really excelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back