The UE Super.fi 5 EB/Pro Appreciation Thread
Jun 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #91 of 107
one more thing to surprise you guys, i also prefer the stock cable to westone es cable. like i said before, i like super fi pro because it's musical and the es cable somewhat take away that part. it became all clean and detail. the bass got tight, tighter. it's just not what i like about it
tongue.gif
redface.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #92 of 107
Just got my pair of super.fi's. OMG, these babies rock!

I'm upgrading from a deceased set of MylarOne X3's and man I''ve got a really stupid grin on my face. The jump was most definately worth it.

Now to enjoy the burn-in journey.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #93 of 107
i have just upgraded from bose triport around ear and (possibly fake) sennheiser cx 500's that I traded for the bose 1.) to help out a friend whom had the bose but needed iems bc he had none and like to run. we traded. 2.) I knew i was going to be purchasing new iems. I chose the sf5p over the jays q-jays, atrios, sleeks, and ety's mostly bc they have a "fun" sound and were reported to hav a good bass response.

So far, I love my ultimate ears. I truly found so much new love to music (which is incredible considering my relationship with tones). I hav had no experience with the customer service department yet and hopefully will not anytime soon.

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #98 of 107
I'm so glad to see I'm not alone in my recent sf5p purchase among headfiers

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #99 of 107
Bought mine on the FS forum from a member for cheap and like them. The bass isn't that bad, I mean really not bad at all, what was everyone complaining about? Got some shure foams on there so it's nice and comfy and the cord never really bothered me, it's the one off my sf3s.

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #100 of 107
One thing I notice about the Super-fi EBs' is the highs and mids sound somewhat overwhelmed by the bass at low levels, but as the volume rises, everything kind of evens out. Really quite fun headphones to listen to. I have not listened to the 5 Pros, but the EBs are really good monitors for the price. And Ultimate Ears' customer support is first rate!!

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #102 of 107
Hi, just got the Super fi.5 Pros from someone for $85 (saw they were like $150 on ebay so it was too good to pass up) and at first listen I didn't like them so much. They sounded like my Shure E2C's but richer, fuller, and way more bassy. I wanted to hear an increase in clarity but have not yet. After laying back and relaxing, I am starting to like these. The vocal and drum audio leans to the left as my audio leans to the right on my Shures. I guess it's because of th eway music is recorded. Anyone else hear this? I do like the flatness of the E2C's because it sounds more natural but I'll keep listening and tell you how I think in about a week or 2. They sound like a party is in your head so far, kind of like my BOSE ie's sounded but these are better, better fitting, and more detailed than those. Thanks.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #103 of 107
I just started using my 5.pro's again after replacing the lead. I hadn't used them for about 18 months, after going back to my Etymotic ER-6i's.

The UEs are a difficult fit for my ears as they are difficult to get far enough into my ear. I use ER-6i tri flanges and reverse the earpieces. It is not the most comfortable, but i do get isolation. In the past though, i have suffered abrasions inside my ears due to a sharp corner of the UE's molding. The bass was way too prominent for me and that combined with UE's great dynamic range made them very uncomfortable aurally for me as well. It was if i had something buzzing around in my ears making them itchy.

Now I find if I keep the volume way down, they sound great. I just can't wear them for longer than an hour.

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #105 of 107
eb is a really funny headphone. i've been amping it with sr71a and wow, the highs and mids are here now, still not as good as triple fi or even super fi pro but it's good enough now. and the bass, the bass just wow. just unbelievable. it's quick, it's strong still boomy. yummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back