The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #61 of 547
I read up on the Fiio Control app on their site and it seems that while using LDAC (and therefore having no access to its EQ) it doesn't do a thing to affect sound anyway, if I understand it right.

And so far I'm not sure I prefer the Auto-EQ in Wavelet over just letting the FiiO LC-BT2 do its thing with the LDAC straight. Again, anything more seems to be "less" in that it seems to muddy up the natural sounds a bit and while some sounds are boosted others are forfeited. Maybe that's just my being a total pre-newb novice here, but that's my sense (and my logical sense as well).

To use the FiiO LC-BT2 on its own without "assistance", it seems perhaps its best to set the phone's app near max volume and then use the FiiO LC-BT2 to adjust the volume where I want it, so the FiiO LC-BT2 has max to work with from the phone and amplifies from there.

Again, that's my sense and logic at play as a civilian with no idea what I'm talking about. As with wine, one that tastes great one day might not be so much to one's liking on another day, and so it is with the one ten-minute listening session I'm basing those judgments on so far.

I guess I'm fishing for commentary on whether what I'm speculating makes sense to someone with actual audio expertise or not.

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #62 of 547
With any audio chain that has multiple point of volume control, it is always preferable to use the last one for volume control while max out on others (*there are exception, but generally speaking it holds true most of the time). That way you have the best chance of having the best SNR.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #63 of 547
Thanks so much!

If I may please ask, looking at your headphones in your sig I'm guessing you'd recommend other options besides the Shure SE425 in the $200-$400 price range for "fun" listening, is that correct? Or at $200 would you stay with those? I'm happy with them other than wishing there was a tad more bass.

The fanatics at Shure -- called "applications engineers" -- insisted the SE425 is by far superior, emphasizing that it provides unadulterated, natural sound and is often used by pros for monitoring; while the SE535 is for people who need the bass to shake the foundations. The owner of Sensaphonics also told me he prefers the SE425 over the SE535 and said the SE425 is the best in the price range in his opinion. I tried the SE535 and didn't like them at all -- the boosted bass just seemed to muffle all the other sound, which was very obvious when comparing them back-to-back with the SE425.

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #64 of 547
If I may please ask, looking at your headphones in your sig I'm guessing you'd recommend other options besides the Shure SE425 in the $200-$400 price range for "fun" listening, is that correct? Or at $200 would you stay with those? I'm happy with them other than wishing there was a tad more bass.

An Etymotic ER4S is my reference for natural sound. For all the Shure I tried (*most recently the KSC1500), I never find one that I really like.

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #65 of 547
Thanks!

And now for kicks, here's one my most fun/neurotic questions, please :nerd:... While I realize I have to just listen to compare on my own, in your opinion how close to the 3.5 mm cables (or far from them) would you guess I'm getting when using the FiiO LC-BT2 with LDAC? (It might help me enjoy the BT more and spend less time stressing over what I'm missing... or then again it might not :fearful:.)

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #66 of 547
And so far I'm not sure I prefer the Auto-EQ in Wavelet over just letting the FiiO LC-BT2 do its thing with the LDAC straight. Again, anything more seems to be "less" in that it seems to muddy up the natural sounds a bit and while some sounds are boosted others are forfeited. Maybe that's just my being a total pre-newb novice here, but that's my sense (and my logical sense as well).
This is what the Wavelet app does to your Shure: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...lts/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/Shure SE425

Equalisation is toward the Harman curve. You might or might not like it. I personally like it a lot.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #67 of 547
Thanks!

And now for kicks, here's one my most fun/neurotic questions, please :nerd:... While I realize I have to just listen to compare on my own, in your opinion how close to the 3.5 mm cables (or far from them) would you guess I'm getting when using the FiiO LC-BT2 with LDAC? (It might help me enjoy the BT more and spend less time stressing over what I'm missing... or then again it might not :fearful:.)

Fiio LDAC and amp is v good. Don’t stress. Regarding eq, try to pick headphones / iems that don’t need eq.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #68 of 547
Regarding eq, try to pick headphones / iems that don’t need eq.
Or, for an alternate point of view, try picking headphones / iems that have good technical capabilities, the soundstage you like and are comfortable for prolonged listening times and don't be afraid of using EQ, as modern solutions are really quite good. Don't intend to quarrel or anything, simply saying the above suggestion is not universal and final. Peace.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #69 of 547
Hi, I have a few pairs of CIEMs (2ba's, and a 1dd5ba) and I want to use them for running outside and workouts with some kind of BT adapter, but I read complaints about connectivity problems with most of the options available, if its the bt20s/utws1 or some of the neckbands. I have a budget of about 60 USD. What solution will you advice which does not compromise SQ to much and has good connectivity?I dont mind if theres no volume control btw.

Oh maybe worth mentioning, my IEMs are all 2 pin connectors.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #70 of 547
My Snugs custom moulds arrived for my Audio Technica DSR5BT neckband.
A98991E3-A583-4FF6-94BB-FBB8757BDC7E.jpeg

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #72 of 547
Anyone going to try the ws-1 from jaben? I have a se846 that I would very much like to make it totally wireless, if there is a decent solution for it... And shure aonic is just never available!

I'll have the OE Audio WS-1 by today, hopefully.

Jul 15, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #73 of 547
I'll have the OE Audio WS-1 by today, hopefully.
I’m very curious about it and eager to hear impressions, although I’ve found out since I could resume gym training that a BT receiver with a well-managed iem cable lets me use any gear I want while moving any way I want, including inversions and break dance.

edit: how the f*ck did I miss that Shure adapter @alprakas mentioned? Has anyone tried it?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #74 of 547
Hahaha maybe that is because Shure has been so super lazy in actually releasing it properly! As I said, it has not been available for purchase since April, when I saw a few reviewers talking about it. Release could also be hampered due to the ongoing pandemic...

Eagerly waiting for ClieOS to share some thoughts and pictures and box contents of the WS-1. :smile:

Jul 15, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #75 of 547
Hahaha maybe that is because Shure has been so super lazy in actually releasing it properly! As I said, it has not been available for purchase since April, when I saw a few reviewers talking about it. Release could also be hampered due to the ongoing pandemic...

Eagerly waiting for ClieOS to share some thoughts and pictures and box contents of the WS-1. :smile:
Yeah I was on its thread just now and saw the initial release was botched...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back