the truth ???
Jan 28, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #106 of 372
He's right that a lot of audiophiles are into some crazy pseudoscience crap. Cables mainly. But he does seem to be acting like a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick.

Every time I see a thread like "can someone build me an IC?" I read it as "can someone build me an integrated circuit?" and I go
eek.gif
for a moment.

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #107 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silver Dragon huh? At least it looks nice! Thats probably more money than I'd spend, but its a nice thing to own.

Almost as nice as an ipod
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #108 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naw, i was just pointing out that he was making a joke
As you can see up there ^ some people didn't get it
biggrin.gif

I got it - you just didn't see the irony in my post......
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #109 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by RollsDownWindowsManually /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoever said "megalomaniac" hit the nail on the head. Yet another arrogant, condescending, engineering type. So many of these guys just can't get over themselves. Unfortunately engineering egos can have fatal results.....this guy works for lockheed martin, scary.....

That's not to say all engineers behave this way, but in my experience many of them do.

Ah, gee wiz. While you guys are dumping on this poor guy, why'd you have to start throwing out general insults like that? I've always thought the EE's in the profession were a little loopy, but seriously - Head-Fi and Headwize have changed my mind - at least with some of our major DIY amp designers.

BTW, I spent 15 years with Lockheed Martin myself, but I hate to tell you - there's a lot scarier stuff going on there than this guy.
tongue.gif

The guy that remarked about his wife should apologize, too. Then go back to bashing him in good conscience.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #113 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the type. He is extremely intelligent, but that intelligence and the accompanying phenomena of mostly being right has made him extremely arrogant, stubborn, and closed off to new or even just different, ideas.

On behalf of all extremely intelligent people on this planet (all 7 of us), I resent this stereotype.

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #114 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by jSatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
............ a Republican, no doubt.

Be careful there, young man...

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #116 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think audiophiles dislike engineers so much because, deep down, they know they're right.

Actually some of the funniest back and forths I've read, have been engineers disagreeing with each other over things like proper grounds, cable gauges, skin effect, etc...

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #117 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually some of the funniest back and forths I've read, have been engineers disagreeing with each other over things like proper grounds, cable gauges, skin effect, etc...

At least it would have been clear who was right.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #120 of 372
^ I noticed that too.

Quote:

Think about it... there’s a reason why woofers are large diameter speakers. If you want bass, you have to move a lot of air--slowly. Don’t expect tight, deep and clean bass from an earbud.

I hate it when people say "Think about it." Not only that but he fails to mention how the distance between the ear and the transducer is reduced by a large factor between speakers and IEMs. If you can't have a large diameter on your speaker, it must not have good bass. Why then is he recommending the Koss KTX?

He's obviously a bitter, spiteful mocker who has shut his eyes and ears to obtaining the truth, taking pleasure only in picking fights online where his identity is kept secret. Not worth anyone's time unless he's willing to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back