the truth ???
Jan 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 372
I know the type. He is extremely intelligent, but that intelligence and the accompanying phenomena of mostly being right has made him extremely arrogant, stubborn, and closed off to new or even just different, ideas.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #18 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the type. He is extremely intelligent, but that intelligence and the accompanying phenomena of mostly being right has made him extremely arrogant, stubborn, and closed off to new or even just different, ideas.

therefore... HES A WITCH!

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 372
Yeah, you don't have to go to him to get his strong and controversial opinions...that's available here aplenty. The differences is the culture here has figured out how to be controvertial without being arrogant and insulting....well, mostly.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #20 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the type. He is extremely intelligent.

Er... which bit of that ill-conceived rant in particular struck you as intelligent. None of it did, to me.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #23 of 372
some of the things he says are right, but he seems to have a wooden banana stuck in his posterior...not sure why a 48 year old man would act that way. (looking at the hate mail responses)

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #24 of 372
He overhypes the Sennheiser cx300, not that they're bad or anything. But I find they have a bit muddy bass. I prefer my modded sony ex-90s. I find it weird he compares everything to the cx300, where the cx300s usually come out on top.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er... which bit of that ill-conceived rant in particular struck you as intelligent. None of it did, to me.

Those who don't have the intellect don't do stuff like this for fun
tongue.gif
To much effort and material to cover even for the most die-hard of attention getters.

Also, he attacks the issues logically and has the ability to explain what he wants to explain. The flaw in the logic, though, is that it is built on his limited understanding of material concerning audio, and his flaw is that he doesn't want to or try to understand more. Stuff like the mp3 codec cutting off frequencies above 16kHz? He could have picked it up of a reputable publication whilst general understanding of codecs was nearly nonexistant, then held on to what he learnt.

But whatever, I'm not a psychologist
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #26 of 372
earphones and headphones sound different to different
people thank god they manufactor all kinds what sounds
good to him might not to you are me but in this day you
usually get what you pay for but if they are on sale a bonus.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #27 of 372
interesting read. he is right on one very important thing: sennheiser doesn't make bad headphones.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #28 of 372
I actually have the Koss KTX-1, it came with something I bought a while ago. I'm not sure if it's the Pro version, as it terminates to a 1/4" plug. It uses the KSC75 drivers? It's not horrible as far as upper mids and highs go, but the bass was rather poor. It actually made me cringe at one point. I'm not sure why he thinks these things are the be all of audio, as my modest home setup is far better than an iPod, and I still think they sound like crap.

His statement about full-size cans always being better than any IEM is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure my ER-4P beats the KTX-1, but, ya know, it's really, really close.
rolleyes.gif

If he thinks $10 Wal-Mart buds and an iPod is fantastic after hearing what he claims to have listened to, he must be 'Psycho-Acoustics Master'!

He kind of reminds me of my goofy Uncle, with the Hiking, snobbery, and the dog. I hate that guy.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #30 of 372
On an ignorance scale of 1-10 10 being the most ignorant..... this guy is just stupid.

He contradicts himself and clearly doesn't have a strong grasp of physics.
"In general, IEMs sound better than earbuds"
but 2 paragraphs before he talks about how smaller drivers cant reproduce bass yet IEM drivers are smaller than earbuds.

"Turntables don't reproduce anything, they simply spin records" I guess that could be the same as saying "The hard drive in your ipod doesn't store information, It simply spins a porcelain disc"

And his insert xxxx grado can having flat response, He talks about the brain having hearing adjustments to certain frequencies, if this was the case the grado cans would have perceived spikes at certain frequencies and the fact alone that he perceives them to have a flat response is proof enough that they don't. Everyone and their brother knows grados are anything but flat.

This guy is just such a joke all this stuff makes me laugh.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back