The Tomahawk...an ultra-portable amplifier for IEMs
Nov 20, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #136 of 931
I just got a Hornet. Now the ultra small Tomahawk is only going to make carrying around this massive brick all the more annoying. ;^)
Just kidding... The Hornet is already ridiculously small and I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing I think that could be improved is the fact that even that low gain setting seems a little high for my very sensitive Shure E500s.

Nov 20, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #137 of 931
I have been lurking on the site for about 6 months now, reading but not posting. Seeing you're new amp for sake has moved me to sign up and begin posting.

I would like to get one of the new Tomahawks, black if possible serial number not important.

Please let me know what I need to do in order to get the amp shipped to me ASAP.

Thanks

Nov 20, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #138 of 931
Ray says:
Quote:

Please post your order for the Tomahawk in this thread

May I order one. I neither care about the color nor the number. I have no time constraint.

Love My IEM's
etysmile.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #147 of 931
Ray,

I don't wanna be a pain but you've also listed the HD600 as a phone for which the Tomahawk is designed for. Do you think the gain setting of 3 will be sufficient to drive 300Ohms?

Also, does the Tomahawk have a warm sound like the original Hornet, which is great together with the E4C (E4C do not have enough bass IMO)?

Thanks Ray!

Nov 21, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #148 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray,

I don't wanna be a pain but you've also listed the HD600 as a phone for which the Tomahawk is designed for. Do you think the gain setting of 3 will be sufficient to drive 300Ohms?

Also, does the Tomahawk have a warm sound like the original Hornet, which is great together with the E4C (E4C do not have enough bass IMO)?

Thanks Ray!

I have to apologize regarding the high gain on the Tomahawk, I have no idea why I wrote gain of three & why it got stock in my mind, but to correct the mistake regarding the high gain on the Tomahawk, it is that of "4"
& not "3". Whether the gain is 3 or 4, it is good enough to drive the HD600 to great level of performance.
But, keep in mind that the batteries have to be fresh & not 2 weeks old running for over 200-300 hours, as in that case the amp will clip if you demand more volume.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Nov 21, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #150 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to apologize regarding the high gain on the Tomahawk, I have no idea why I wrote gain of three & why it got stock in my mind, but to correct the mistake regarding the high gain on the Tomahawk, it is that of "4"
& not "3". Whether the gain is 3 or 4, it is good enough to drive the HD600 to great level of performance.
But, keep in mind that the batteries have to be fresh & not 2 weeks old running for over 200-300 hours, as in that case the amp will clip if you demand more volume.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

lol, this had me confused for a week. Thanks for the clarification, Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back