The Tomahawk...an ultra-portable amplifier for IEMs
May 15, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #916 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgprater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I can't wait to get mine.

Someone posted that the red ones color the sound too much, so I went for the green. More environmentally friendly, too.
wink.gif

I just got mine yesterday, in basic black -- because everybody knows that black has the most bass.

Let the burn-in begin!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention -- this thing is TINY! I am flummaxed by the size of it. Amazing little jewel.
Pictures simply do not prepare you for the actual size of this amp, as so many have already said.

May 17, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #917 of 931
Q for mrdeadfolx....

What kind of case is that on your Ipod ?

May 20, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #919 of 931
A Ti case would be pretty sick. How much does an arm and a leg go for these days?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the TROSE49 Titanium version?
tongue.gif

May 20, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #920 of 931
I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I finally upgraded my IEMs from the ER6i to the Shure E530. I also picked up an imod. I have to say that this combo with the T Hawk is nothing short of fantastic. It was very good with the ER6i but the E530s are really showing me what the T Hawk and the imod are capable of. Great job Ray!

May 20, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #921 of 931
Hey, so ER-6is sound good with this amp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I finally upgraded my IEMs from the ER6i to the Shure E530. I also picked up an imod. I have to say that this combo with the T Hawk is nothing short of fantastic. It was very good with the ER6i but the E530s are really showing me what the T Hawk and the imod are capable of. Great job Ray!

May 20, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #922 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, so ER-6is sound good with this amp?

Yes. I prefer the E500s which probably is no suprise but the 6is aren't bad. You need a good seal to bring out the bass.

May 20, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #923 of 931
Oho have you now ;p Gah. I really don't use my portable rig enough but Westone 3's + Tomahawk or AE-2 or something like that is real tempting
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #924 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oho have you now ;p Gah. I really don't use my portable rig enough but Westone 3's + Tomahawk or AE-2 or something like that is real tempting
smily_headphones1.gif

Do it. You know you want to.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Don't forget an imod.

May 27, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #929 of 931
I am ordering mine on the 17th of June,red or green....I still cannot make up my mind though,as to what color to get.

I just SOOO wish [size=small]purple[/size] was an option,heck I'd even pay a little more for it...

May 27, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #930 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so how much are the colored cases if bought on its own?

$45.00 plus shipping & 3% pay-pal fee in the CONUS.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back