The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Aug 6, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #466 of 592
Great Tom, appreciate your initiative!! I think weekend would probably suit more people. i need to think about a good location… i‘d definitely help and i could bring a coffee-machine and serve coffee if it‘s not already in a coffee-shop 👍
Wonderful. Thank you. 😊 The biggest challenge is finding a location that is reasonably priced. One coworking space I asked wanted 2500 a day plus one personell extra. They usually don't open at the weekend but could make money, v so they basically doubled their workday rate plus one employee extra.

Aug 7, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #467 of 592
Wonderful. Thank you. 😊 The biggest challenge is finding a location that is reasonably priced. One coworking space I asked wanted 2500 a day plus one personell extra. They usually don't open at the weekend but could make money, v so they basically doubled their workday rate plus one employee extra.
What the hell :D I imagine Zurich City has steeper prices than renting locations outside but damn, 500 would be MAX that is reasonable. Maybe you can ask one of the Unis or student associations for a big room to use? They usually are happy to earn some and that way money is spent in a more useful way. (I know of big rooms in the engineers association, they throw parties there, right opposite side of street of k55 haha)

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #468 of 592
What the hell :D I imagine Zurich City has steeper prices than renting locations outside but damn, 500 would be MAX that is reasonable. Maybe you can ask one of the Unis or student associations for a big room to use? They usually are happy to earn some and that way money is spent in a more useful way. (I know of big rooms in the engineers association, they throw parties there, right opposite side of street of k55 haha)
Thanks very much for the tipp. I'll check that out. Any concrete contacts you could point me to?

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #469 of 592
Thanks very much for the tipp. I'll check that out. Any concrete contacts you could point me to?
No sorry, has been some years since I left ETH haha

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #470 of 592

yeah, 2.5K is quite a lot… here a couple of linkes i thought of…

https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/fd/de/...ermietung/seminarraeume/albisrieden1-2-3.html

https://gz-zh.ch/angebot/raumvermietung/

https://activity.robin-room.com/bus...qB0qWAeatsSEMRJ0rvi3yHz-Gt_LW_dBoCzIQQAvD_BwE

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #471 of 592
Aug 7, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #474 of 592
Btw I made a prototype model of a planar IEM, if anyone wants to try it, you can after Tom has tried it.

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #479 of 592
Swiss head-fiers meeting update

An associate found the perfect space for our meeting : A real recording studio very close to Zurich.

Gonna clear the details but it will work for 50-70 people.

Now we need to find a date...
Sounds like the perfect location! Maybe we can also invite people from southern germany? 😄 more head-fiers=more awesomeness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back