The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #485 of 590
Swiss head-fiers meeting update

An associate found the perfect space for our meeting : A real recording studio very close to Zurich.

Gonna clear the details but it will work for 50-70 people.

Now we need to find a date...

so where is this studio and how are you gonna define the date? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #488 of 590
HE90 and its amp is now selling on Ebay Germany, here is the link, seems to be coming from a reputable seller, current bid price 10k eur.
Thanks for the info!

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #489 of 590
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #490 of 590
HE90 and its amp is now selling on Ebay Germany, here is the link, seems to be coming from a reputable seller, current bid price 10k eur.
I was auditing the Hifiman Shangri-La, when it had been available at K55. Source was the Chord Dave. Despite being an insanely expensive combo (for me), it was the reference audio experience. The soundstage was so wide & deep and you could hear the finest details - even tracks I know inside out unveiled additional structures I had never experienced before. Nonetheless, having a quality DAP & good IEMs gives me similar joy, wherever I want. That's (almost) priceless too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #491 of 590
I was auditing the Hifiman Shangri-La, when it had been available at K55. Source was the Chord Dave. Despite being an insanely expensive combo (for me), it was the reference audio experience. The soundstage was so wide & deep and you could hear the finest details - even tracks I know inside out unveiled additional structures I had never experienced before. Nonetheless, having a quality DAP & good IEMs gives me similar joy, wherever I want. That's (almost) priceless too. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have a chance to compare it with HE-1? I know K55 had them once both at the same time.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #493 of 590
No, unfortunately not. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oh I see! I have heard HE-1 on two occasions (total around 5 hours) and plan to spend the same length of time with Shangri-la in a month or two, really curious how those two systems fare. Talking to K55 folks, they told me that HE-1 was better to their ears.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #494 of 590
Oh I see! I have heard HE-1 on two occasions (total around 5 hours) and plan to spend the same length of time with Shangri-la in a month or two, really curious how those two systems fare. Talking to K55 folks, they told me that HE-1 was better to their ears.
The law of demising returns in hifi ๐Ÿ˜Š The fact that Sennheiser takes great effort to maximize the synergy between the headphones and the amp will hopefully culminate in the performance of the HE-1. Anything else would be a disappointment to me. I'm certainly looking forward to your experiences and insights. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have the biggest trust in the skills & the experience of the K55 team and in their verdict. If I had to perform a blind buy, I would definitely rely on their judgement. Luckily I don't have to. And besides, I would already be a happy bunny with "only" your AIC-10 - no need for further upgrades for me, I'd guess... ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ Especially in conjunction with a Bartok! A stunning setup, I can imagine.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #495 of 590
The law of demising returns in hifi ๐Ÿ˜Š The fact that Sennheiser takes great effort to maximize the synergy between the headphones and the amp will hopefully culminate in the performance of the HE-1. Anything else would be a disappointment to me. I'm certainly looking forward to your experiences and insights. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have the biggest trust in the skills & the experience of the K55 team and in their verdict. If I had to perform a blind buy, I would definitely rely on their judgement. Luckily I don't have to. And besides, I would already be a happy bunny with "only" your AIC-10 - no need for further upgrades for me, I'd guess... ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ Especially in conjunction with a Bartok! A stunning setup, I can imagine.
You are more than welcome to come over and listen to my setup :) To my personal music taste, what I have built sounds better than HE-1, I know it sounds "impossible", as one person cannot be as good as a whole company, and that is absolutely true - I am just commenting that to my ears, Bartok + 1266 (without Riviera) sounds better for EDM (expansive 3D soundstage, very resolving and fast), yet I have HE-1 for fixing 1266's mids, which by default are very cold and recessed. I was surprised how good HE-1 bass was (not as good as 1266), but the biggest difference is the mids (liquid, lush and luxurious, still a bit better on HE-1 than on AIC-10 + 1266, but damn close). I even tried Susvara, which is known for good tonality (especially mids) but did not like it for lack of resolution (compared to 1266). As far as HE-1's detail retrieval goes, I was expecting more, but from friends who own one, they told me that HE-1 requires a better DAC (Dave or Rossini for example). Now I am curious how Viva Egoista STX with Shangri-La Sr would sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back