The Super Freq custom fit IEMs (My Journey)
Jan 28, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #256 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These pics have convinced me to not buy these. Although your pair is the sleekest looking Ive seen so far, they still look totally lacking the build quality department. It looks like one yank ont hat cord and your investment goes down the toilet.

No way. I've had a few good yanks on mine, and they aren't gonna budge. I've had one pulled out of my ear by the cord already
redface.gif

I don't understand why people are criticizing the build quality. I think they do a pretty good job. Maybe their aesthetics aren't perfect, but they are still built well. The faceplates look fine, and that's all anyone can see when they are in your head hehe
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #257 of 275
Personally, I think only people who actually own the FreQ should make assertions on the sound and build quality. A lot of comments about the FreQ are negative and from people who don't own the thing. This really only seems to happen with the FreQ, and I don't know why. It's probably because it's a new product. I rarely see people on Head-Fi who don't own the equipment comment on it. They simply ask questions and get answers from people who own it.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #258 of 275
People can negatively comment on build esthetics based on photographs. The freqs certainly aren't the only time that's ever happened.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #259 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Territhemayor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. Maybe I should do a professional impression. How are doing self impressions dangerous?

You could pull out an ear drum.

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #260 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
know that you'll be waiting for a while, they are busy, it's been a week since they have my impressions, ~10 days since I've sent them and htey haven't shipped yet

You might want to give them a call. I sent them an email asking how long the delay is from the rush of holiday orders. They replied to me and stated that their turnaround right now is 5 business days.

I can't wait to get mine!!!!!
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #261 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think only people who actually own the FreQ should make assertions on the sound and build quality. A lot of comments about the FreQ are negative and from people who don't own the thing. This really only seems to happen with the FreQ, and I don't know why. It's probably because it's a new product. I rarely see people on Head-Fi who don't own the equipment comment on it. They simply ask questions and get answers from people who own it.

Maybe at the next meet, a superfreq owner should bring his/her set out. I know we cannot listen, but we can examine the earpieces with our own eyes.

And plenty of people on this forum think grados are ugly...freqs aren't the only one. But you are right...its probably more pronounced because this is a new product. And because so, it is probably going to draw more vocal comments.

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #262 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't want to upset anyone, but I think part of it might be folks that have already purchased other (more expensive) custom IEMs wanting to reassure themselves. I'm not saying this is the case for everyone, but I suspect it might be for some.

I've been doing a lot of critical listening and comparing them to my HD580s the last few days. I think I'll be ready to write a decent review soon. It won't be as valuable as one from some other head-fiers here though because I only have my HD580s to compare too. Unless I compare them to my iBuds :p

Jan 29, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #263 of 275
Woot! Just got the email saying mine shipped! So I should have them Thursday or Friday.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #264 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by KHill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot! Just got the email saying mine shipped! So I should have them Thursday or Friday.
biggrin.gif

Nice to hear that. Please come back when you get them and give us some first impressions and maybe some comparisons to your current IEMs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #265 of 275
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Yes definetly post pics and give first impressions and what not.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #266 of 275
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #267 of 275
Mar 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #268 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh thanks
biggrin.gif

so you like them overall?

I love them. The SQ is amazing, they are super comfortable and did I mention sound great? I agree 100% with what TSplash75 said in the impressions thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fre...ml#post3890799

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #269 of 275
Quote:

I love them. The SQ is amazing, they are super comfortable and did I mention sound great? I agree 100% with what TSplash75 said in the impressions thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fre...ml#post3890799

Thanks.

Well im hesitant to jump on them because they are customs. How often do you have to get the molds replaced? I am 17, and Im still growing. I know that your nose and ears are the only things that continue to grow your whole life...

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #270 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks.

Well im hesitant to jump on them because they are customs. How often do you have to get the molds replaced? I am 17, and Im still growing. I know that your nose and ears are the only things that continue to grow your whole life...

I think that has been discussed. It may have been on the Livewires' California Dreamin' thread. I can't recall where it was. What I think I recall was a general consensus (based on feedback form audiologist) that this really isn't a big issue.

I would expect that your ears get bigger (at least at your age), so maybe you could just add material to them every couple years to increase the seal if it starts to get weak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back