The Stax Thread III
Nov 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #7,186 of 25,567
  Are there any other differences between these two SR-007 MKll's besides their colors?

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=536&category=10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-STAX-SR-007MK2-Electrostatic-Earspeaker-US-Warranty-/171997169190?hash=item280bd48626:g:Z9sAAOSwPcVVlt83

Thank you,
I appreciate any information.
beerchug.gif

No

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #7,187 of 25,567
Well, perhaps a definite "maybe", or possibly a definitive "possibly" but not an authorative 'yes" which may occasion the consumption of your words at a later date......  
L3000.gif

There is such a concept as production variability to contend with.   
blink.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #7,188 of 25,567

Thank you.

Well, perhaps a definite "maybe", or possibly a definitive "possibly" but not an authorative 'yes" which may occasion the consumption of your words at a later date......  
L3000.gif

There is such a concept as production variability to contend with.   
size]

Do you know which out of the two are the currently produced?
Thank you.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #7,189 of 25,567
So does anyone know if the newer 007MK2 is silver or black…or is there a choice of color?
I'm asking because I'm going to purchase a 007 and I see both Stax USA/PJ show the 007 in silver with no color choice, Thanks.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #7,194 of 25,567
  So does anyone know if the newer 007MK2 is silver or black…or is there a choice of color?
I'm asking because I'm going to purchase a 007 and I see both Stax USA/PJ show the 007 in silver with no color choice, Thanks.

Wha?

https://www.staxusa.com/earspeaker/stax-sr-007mk2.html
http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=536&category=10

The SR-007MK2 is black and for the international market whereas the SR-007A is silver and for the Japanese market. Both are still in production. STAXUSA.com does not sell the latter; they only sell the black version.

Also, has anyone heard both the domestic/export version and claim to hear differences in sound?

There are impressions all over the Internet from people who have heard both the SR-007MK2 and SR-007A and heard differences between them. There are reportedly various unannounced revisions of both that sound different too. For example, some have nicknamed them the SR-007MK2.5 or SR-007MK2.75. Just do some creative Google searching and you'll find a wealth of info.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #7,195 of 25,567

There are impressions all over the Internet from people who have heard both the SR-007MK2 and SR-007A and heard differences between them. There are reportedly various unannounced revisions of both that sound different too. For example, some have nicknamed them the SR-007MK2.5 or SR-007MK2.75. Just do some creative Google searching and you'll find a wealth of info.

Also, has anyone heard both the domestic/export version and claim to hear differences in sound?

There are no reason to believe Stax has a line up of a hundred japanese golden ears that spend all day dividing the production of drivers into export and home market.
Even though a number of people claim that there are variations in sound it doesn't mean that one is definetely better than another ... just a bit different that's alll

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #7,196 of 25,567

Wha?
https://www.staxusa.com/earspeaker/stax-sr-007mk2.html
http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=536&category=10
The SR-007MK2 is black and for the international market whereas the SR-007A is silver and for the Japanese market. Both are still in production. STAXUSA.com does not sell the latter; they only sell the black version.

I figured I would try them out, I'm very curious how they sound. Thanks for the information, but Stax USA shows the (silver) color not the black as well as PJ.

There are no reason to believe Stax has a line up of a hundred japanese golden ears that spend all day dividing the production of drivers into export and home market.
Even though a number of people claim that there are variations in sound it doesn't mean that one is definetely better than another ... just a bit different that's alll

Thank you very much.

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #7,197 of 25,567
I like to base my judgment on first hand experience (mine or a trusted source), not rumors and innuendo by people with no direct experience with the products being asked about... citing things the way they have been lately on this thread is pretty useless IMO.
deadhorse.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #7,199 of 25,567
Music Alchemist, you're clearly not looking hard enough. Look again and then again and then refresh or come back in 5 minutes after a breathe of fresh air. Don't give up.

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #7,200 of 25,567
  I like to base my judgment on first hand experience (mine or a trusted source), not rumors and innuendo by people with no direct experience with the products being asked about... citing things the way they have been lately on this thread is pretty useless IMO.
deadhorse.gif

I also like to base my own judgement which is why I want to hear the 007MK2 for myself being I have the 009.
I take impressions with a grain of salt.
beerchug.gif

No it doesn't...?

Your right…I meant PJ dosen't show them in black which was already explained why to me...and I would like black being my 009 is silver but I don't want to pay Stax USA prices which is why I'm bidding on (THESE). Otherwise I would have ordered them from PJ.
If I lose the bid I will then order them from PJ in silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back