The Soundstage Head Club
Dec 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #346 of 439
  Thanks. I had before the K545 and they were horrible for classical-Not transparent, Muddy and distant. Are the K550 really different? Because if it is similiar to the K545 i will stay away from it. Thank you! Any more suggestions will be appreciated. I want it to be natural and flat

you know that you are in the soundstage club, right?...

well... in this order:
ultrasone sig dj
ultrasone pro900
ultrasone dj one pro
ultrasone 8XX series
akg k550
sennheiser hd380pro
these are the closed ones... most are natural, but none are flat...i don't think that there are any flat headphones,[have you actually seen how hd800 looks like on paper?]

the best all rounder would be sennheiser hd380pro, because the sound is more mid centered, with great source has enough soundstage, bass, mids, und treble, not to mention these sound the most natural...
akg k550 might sound similar to k545 in some ways... just so that you know, k550 are NOT harsh. Compared, Ultrasone, are harsh as ***... but i love ultrasone, and they are still not enough harsh..

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #347 of 439
Have you heard the hfi580? How does the ss compare to other ultrasones you've had?

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #348 of 439
a friend is suggesting that I check out the Hifiman he-400i planar/orthos how would these rank up with the hd700's for soundstage and precision/imaging?

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #350 of 439
  a friend is suggesting that I check out the Hifiman he-400i planar/orthos how would these rank up with the hd700's for soundstage and precision/imaging?

I imagine the HD700 would be superior in soundstage and imaging.  The HE400s at least, were decent, but lagged behind headphones like the Q701 in that regard.  I haven't heard the HE400i though.

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #352 of 439
My hd800's are very good for soundstage and I can totally recommend them, especially any Diana Krall fans or just fans of quality vocals in general
smily_headphones1.gif

hd800 are the best out there! 

all hifiman heaphones i tried were way under anything from sennheiser hd600 and up or ultrasone dj one pro and up...

i have to try to fiind one pair of q701 to try, but until now, i never had the chance as every store in romania that has them doesn't have them for demo, and the only store that has them for demo in general happened to not have them for demo in the days i was there..

I anyways imagine that hd800 or sig dj would sound better than q701.

for soundstage, does the ie800 fare anywhere allright, or it has a narrow soundstage, like, say ie80?..

also, i want to ask, if anyone had the chance of comparing, how does the hd800 compare to ultrasone signature dj... or, are there any ultrasone headphones that can do soundstage as good as hd800? or do edition 8 compare?

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #353 of 439
Best soundstage you can get is from speakers, 2 or more really. Headphone wise, I'd say the best budget cans for soundstage would be the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO, since they're open and just sound massive. Sennheiser's HD700 and 800 seem to be all about the stage as well, but I've never heard em.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #354 of 439
  Best soundstage you can get is from speakers, 2 or more really. Headphone wise, I'd say the best budget cans for soundstage would be the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO, since they're open and just sound massive. Sennheiser's HD700 and 800 seem to be all about the stage as well, but I've never heard em.

i need something closed back... i cannot listen and make noise... this is why i was asking about comparations with hd800. i heared hd800, they are practically the best

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #355 of 439
  i need something closed back... i cannot listen and make noise... this is why i was asking about comparations with hd800. i heared hd800, they are practically the best

In my experience, closed back headphones can't really produce much soundstage at all. However, the Mad Dogs seem to have good things said about them, and maybe the Audio Technica wing support headphones, but I'm not sure about those.

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #356 of 439
Try the Shure SRH1540, IMO for a closed back it has a massive soundstage. If it pairs well with the HDVA 600, I would have one. Sadly, with the HDVA 600 the bass sounds loose and bloated, but soundstage-wise, it is an impressive performer.

edit: I should say, with my smartphone the bass is not loose and bloated. The HDVA 600 has an output impedance of 43 ohms, which might be the cause of the Shure's bloated bass.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #358 of 439

Like the HD800, it also have a massive soundstage. Not quite as big, but it is close, imaging is where the K812 trails behind the HD800. With the HD800, everything sounds like they are coming from the front, rather than sides. To me, it is the most speaker-like presentation headphone I've ever tried, and don't get me wrong, it also image sound coming from sides and rear brilliantly.

The only advantage the K812 have over the HD800 in regard to soundstage is its holographic presentation. It's quite hard to put into words, but the holographic presentation makes the K812 sounds more, much more natural than the HD800.

Dec 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #360 of 439
can i ask again, because my search is yet to come to a conclusion, what is the best closed back headphone, considering soundstage as it's main feature?..
Fostex TH900 are good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back