The Soundstage Head Club
Dec 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #333 of 439
I am having a really hard time determining what headphones I should get to upgrade from my ad700's.
I use my headphones for 90% fps in CS:GO 10% Youtube/Twitch videos and music.

Some say that for pure competitive fps gaming the ad700s are the best.
Well I have the AD700's and they are great and all, but I lust for more. :)

Could the OP maybe utilize the second post as a ranking of all the headphones in order from worst to best?
Could positional accuracy/imaging/etc maybe play into this ranking? :)

Example:
AD700 -> Q701 -> K702 Annies -> ETC -> ETC -> HD800

edit... added imaging above.

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #336 of 439
VLC has a little tweak that needs to be done. Depending on the device, it is a need to go to settings, and sound output must be set to what your device can digest. Mine can do java output, very nice, but the rest distort a lot...

There is a bit of a lag when using the eq sliders, like the changes take half a sec to reflect... enough to make me stick to neutron for now.

Why can't they make an 8 band parametric eq for android :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #337 of 439
There is a bit of a lag when using the eq sliders, like the changes take half a sec to reflect... enough to make me stick to neutron for now.

Why can't they make an 8 band parametric eq for android
frown.gif

we would all use the treble parts of the eq, because that is what affects the soundstage a lot.

i thought about what headphones have the best soundstage in the world... from everything i have ever heared, and all headphones out there, the best soundstage ever would be sennheiser hd800, then most of sennheiser open headphones. close are ultrasone dj series.

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #338 of 439
  I am having a really hard time determining what headphones I should get to upgrade from my ad700's.
I use my headphones for 90% fps in CS:GO 10% Youtube/Twitch videos and music.

Some say that for pure competitive fps gaming the ad700s are the best.
Well I have the AD700's and they are great and all, but I lust for more. :)

Could the OP maybe utilize the second post as a ranking of all the headphones in order from worst to best?
Could positional accuracy/imaging/etc maybe play into this ranking? :)

Example:
AD700 -> Q701 -> K702 Annies -> ETC -> ETC -> HD800

edit... added imaging above.

The Q701 is a good upgrade from the AD700.  Not really an upgrade in soundstage, but an upgrade in overall sound quality and signature for sure.  I went from AD700 -> Q701 and I was very happy with the upgrade.

I think it would be difficult to rank ALL headphones in order from worst to best soundstage, especially as I (and probably no one else) has heard all the headphones on the list. 

I think some kind of star rating for the soundstage would be more appropriate...

*       Decent
**     Good
***   Great
****  Amazing (reserved for only the truly amazing headphones, like HD800 and SR009, etc.)

Something like that...

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #339 of 439
  VLC has a little tweak that needs to be done. Depending on the device, it is a need to go to settings, and sound output must be set to what your device can digest. Mine can do java output, very nice, but the rest distort a lot...

I am curious what phone you have? I have a note 3 and it seems to work fine on OpenSL ES...

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #341 of 439
  you simply cannot... i would never buy something like that.. they are almost the most narrow sounding headphones ever built.

Are there  closed headphone that isolate well, Have great soundstage and are appropriate for classical music (Detailed, Flat etc.)?
Please take a look at this site-I am going to try out headphones there-And tell me what i should try (They are for classical music): http://musicworld.co.il/%D7%90%D7%95%D7%96%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%95%D7%AA
Thanks!

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #342 of 439

I think some kind of star rating for the soundstage would be more appropriate...

*       Decent
**     Good
***   Great
****  Amazing (reserved for only the truly amazing headphones, like HD800 and SR009, etc.)

Something like that...

I think this would be awesome!

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #344 of 439
  Are there  closed headphone that isolate well, Have great soundstage and are appropriate for classical music (Detailed, Flat etc.)?
Please take a look at this site-I am going to try out headphones there-And tell me what i should try (They are for classical music): http://musicworld.co.il/%D7%90%D7%95%D7%96%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%95%D7%AA
Thanks!

closed... ultrasone... or akg k550... ultrasone has too much treble... akg are almost perfect, lots of soundstage, and are comphy too!...

you cannot go wrong with akg k550, and you will have even more soundstage, and MORE treble with ultrasone [they are known to be harsh][even though my dj one pro is not enough harsh and not enough treble oriented for my tastes]....

Ath mxxx are not great for soundstage... i felt like they were... no soundstage at all... it was bad...

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #345 of 439
Thanks. I had before the K545 and they were horrible for classical-Not transparent, Muddy and distant. Are the K550 really different? Because if it is similiar to the K545 i will stay away from it. Thank you! Any more suggestions will be appreciated. I want it to be natural and flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back