The Sound Card....
Feb 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stevebags

New Head-Fier
Ladies and Gentlemen, I must ask that we all act as such.  

I am going to pick up one of the new Yamaha amps pretty soon, 301 or 501, it is for a small room....

I need a decent sound card for my computer.  We all know that the card has to have certain specs.....  But, my main caveat is no Creative equipment.

I would like to put the card in the box, rca cables or digital to the amp and then relax.

No flames on this thread please.  Clue me in as to what card you like or are using.  Really appreciate it!

steve

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 4
The 301 I'm looking at has optical and coax S/PDIF inputs... most motherboards output one of those two. Then you can use the DAC already in the receiver. Just buy a short cable and you're good to go, Monoprice makes good ones.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Since you are buying a 2-channel amp, can we assume this system is for music and won't be doing any surround processing? Does your PC have an optical or coax digital output? Will you also be using headphones, or only speakers attached to the amp? What headphones?

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 4
The amp is for music only, no surround.  Just looking to hook up two speakers with the best sound.  But also, I want to be able to crank those mothers up.  I must be regressing back to when I was sixteen.

The onboard audio has high def audio with s/pdif out.  

Headphones, I have a set of Koss, they would also be run through the amp.  

The pc is simply a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back