The Sopranos Ending
Jun 15, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #76 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"a few episodes back when he was with bobby on the lake, bobby was speculating that when you get shot, you see nothing and hear nothing. the final scene was through tony's eyes and the last thing he saw was meadow coming through the door. the sudden black was him getting shot by the guy who went into the bathroom."

I tend to think Chase would have made the connection a little more clear if that was the intended idea - but it's an interesting thought.

Jun 15, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #77 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd read that Chase filmed 3 different endings to help guarantee that the true ending would remain a secret until it aired, so I guess it's possible (but unlikely) that by accident or perhaps even intentionally, one of the alternative endings wound up being shown somewhere. Where does your mother-in-law live? Could they have done it intentionally so that east coast viewers wouldn't give away the ending to west coast viewers? I highly doubt it however since all the reviews and discussion I've seen from various sources talk only about the sudden ending. You would think that if an alternative did actually show somewhere....anywhere....that the news would be buzzing about it. Then again, it's not impossible. After all, despite all the security, somebody in the other now locked Soppranos thread (I forget who) seemed to have accurate pre-airing info on the ending.

Perhaps your m-i-l is pulling a prank on you?

My mother-in-law lives in Ohio, and she is very serious on this one... She described everything perfectly (the whole episode) leading up to Meadow walking into the diner, after that it gets weird, as far as Tony laying on the floor in the bathroom, also she said there's no gunshot noise or anything, just him on the floor.. knifed? heartattack? idk.. well, I hope she did get a tape of it.. (which I doubt!
frown.gif
)....

Jun 15, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #79 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by islewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a second ending would have been pretty well publicized - maybe she was seeing a preview/recap/ad tacked on...

*sigh*...
rolleyes.gif
Much to my chagrin, I discovered that my...
rolleyes.gif
mother-in-law has been taking pain killers (for her back)...soooooooooooooooooo, more than likely she was ... *sigh*.. hallucinating!!! Gah! My "Shmokin" theory wasn't too far off!
orphsmile.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #82 of 91
I will admit that I was initially disappointed. However, after I had time to think about it, and the abrupt nature of the ending began to mellow and sink in, I started to consider the possibilities. That's a sign of good writing...seldom seen on television, that's for sure.

Jun 15, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #83 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quoting this from another forum I hang out on (http://taperssection.com/index.php/t...592.165.html):

"a few episodes back when he was with bobby on the lake, bobby was speculating that when you get shot, you see nothing and hear nothing. the final scene was through tony's eyes and the last thing he saw was meadow coming through the door. the sudden black was him getting shot by the guy who went into the bathroom."

This was my take as well.

If they resurrect it, I wouldn't be surprised if they have Sopranos Next Generation with AJ and his college buddies taking over for the older generation that got taken out. There was some development there with the bookies, etc.

Jun 16, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #85 of 91
If we get a movie (which I dont think we will) its setup perfectly.

They can tag the movie as "The Sopranos, Movie, the fate of Tony?" And then, after about 4 minutes into he movie, Tony is dead (due to he dosnt want anything to do with the character anymore) and Silvio (if out of the comma), Paulie are alive, and can be the main players in the movie.

And so, by the time we catch wind that Tony is not in the movie (due to he died or witness protection or w/e) we would have payed our 15 bucks for the ticket to see it, and all is forgotten

Jun 16, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you expect from HBO? The owner is a big progressive cause donor. His dime...

While jabs at Bush are prevalent in TV/movies and music, AJ's situation still seemed authentic. One of his last scenes shows him "settling" for a BMW. AJ was in free fall, and his obsession was filling the void. I took it more as a self important teenager growing up and finding an identity- succumbing to realities of the world and actually finding something concrete in life to latch onto. I am pretty sure- as mentioned above- Tony would like AJ to model himself after Little Carmine.

Perhaps Chase used the situation for political purposes, but it wasn't gratuitous, so who cares. In any case, if I let the political message of artists concern me, I'd be left with very little entertainment to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back