The Sony S638f....My little review.....Its awesome!
Nov 17, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #79 of 197
That was quick. Amazon UK just dispatched our two S639F despite us opting for their free delivery service. Should arrive tomorrow.

I can't wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #80 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the person who asked about the 5% code, it's from advancedmp3 (there are lots, but "travelex" works)

Thanks a lot for the reply! Where does the opportunity to enter this arise? At Checkout?

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #81 of 197
I'll post this as a separate post as it's a separate and pertinent point to previous,

Advanced have declined to price beat Amazon UK's price. They gave no reasoning- though I' ve requested this of them in a reply to their e-mail in forming me of such- but I suspect it's because they are liased with Amazon UK as a 3rd party seller. Still, it was worth a shot! Plus, if ou shop with Advanced, they offer cheap next day delivery, exclusive offers with a product and a 7 day opened-box returns policy.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #82 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot for the reply! Where does the opportunity to enter this arise? At Checkout?

Yeah you can choose to add a coupon code if you don't go through express PayPal checkout.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #83 of 197
So I broke down and bought one from advancemp3. With the coupon, the advancedmp3 price is better than amazon.co.uk. And the coupon does work. It shaves off 5% of the item's price. The red ones sold out this weekend. They still have the blacks and silvers in stock. I would hurry if I were you on the fence on this one.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #85 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkfizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a black one one last night after reading this and the post on cnet US crave (Curse you, head-fi!
smily_headphones1.gif
) and it shipped out this morning. First purchase from AMP, looks like they ship quickly.

This is my 3rd mp3 from Advanced from across the pond, I think they have excellent service, never any problems and ship super fast.. I ordered Saturday and mine shipped yesterday. Here are some pics of the S738 just to wet your appetite. I am interested to see what you guys think about the sound
biggrin.gif

Picture002-4.jpg

Note the brushed finish.^
Picture007-1.jpg

He tried but my poor little nano couldn't keep up
frown.gif
^
Picture004-6.jpg

My old dear recently departed 818, note the matt finish^

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #90 of 197
(FOTM) Flavor of the month , No the sonys are the real deal and have always been awesome sounding, just some hiss and stupid sonic stage, both which have been fixed
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back