The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #2,972 of 3,003
Assuming the new android Walkmans have some sort of update to the "Walkman Player" app, is there a way to update the app on this model?

I feel like if it is possible, it probably requires modding since Sony just abandons their latest Walkmans after a week lol. I mostly listen to my personal library so I just wonder if Sony did anything to their proprietary player yet.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #2,974 of 3,003
Assuming the new android Walkmans have some sort of update to the "Walkman Player" app, is there a way to update the app on this model?

I feel like if it is possible, it probably requires modding since Sony just abandons their latest Walkmans after a week lol. I mostly listen to my personal library so I just wonder if Sony did anything to their proprietary player yet.
What feature are you missing that you think you'll get ? I dunno if the app on the 306 runs on Android 9. If it does, I'm sure there's a way to put it on there.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #2,976 of 3,003
Nope. There's nothing to justify it, except a few hrs battery life. Besides the way in which android DAPs go unsupported so quickly makes them a complete waste of money.
Yeah, well more battery life would really be welcome, it's abyssmal on the A105 and those batteries aren't gonna last forever either.

I was hoping for wireless charging, but everything else seems the same. Oh except now DSEE gets the "AI" buzzword.

Mar 30, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #2,977 of 3,003
Did anything happen to the a105 sound? I've had mine for more than a year and though i don't use it much, I recently noticed that it's quite bass light.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #2,978 of 3,003
That doesn't seem very likely. It is likely you are just remembering it as being more bass centric than it is. Audio memory is very, very short, and extremely unreliable and that is a fact, not theory or opinion.

Mar 30, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #2,979 of 3,003
That doesn't seem very likely. It is likely you are just remembering it as being more bass centric than it is. Audio memory is very, very short, and extremely unreliable and that is a fact, not theory or opinion.
thats true

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #2,982 of 3,003
Hey the walkman player app is absolute garbage, you cant scroll through files properly and you cant create playlists (What are bookmarks supposed to be), however you cant use 3rd party player apps and still take advantage of the audio hardware properly....

is there a workaround for this bs? because im starting to regret spending 155€ on a piece of trash... :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back