The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #1,851 of 3,003
And I use a 512GB micro Sd from Samsung, so no worries.

Oh sweet. I was planning to pick up a 512GB Samsung Evo card (Red one, though I’m not sure of the differences). Do you have any issues with lag when browsing your library, or is the card sufficiently fast to read a 512GB library without slowdown?

Thank you both for your help!

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #1,852 of 3,003
Oh sweet. I was planning to pick up a 512GB Samsung Evo card (Red one, though I’m not sure of the differences). Do you have any issues with lag when browsing your library, or is the card sufficiently fast to read a 512GB library without slowdown?

Thank you both for your help!
I feel no lag at all. Actually I'm surprised at how much internal it feels lol

When I tried an sd reader on my phone, it would just stutter and build up heat. But with the walkman it's non existing

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #1,853 of 3,003
I feel no lag at all. Actually I'm surprised at how much internal it feels lol

When I tried an sd reader on my phone, it would just stutter and build up heat. But with the walkman it's non existing

Awesome! My player was delivered this morning, so I will be spending part of my day at Best Buy exchanging the 128GB card I bought in anticipation. Thank you so much!

Rob

Feb 15, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #1,854 of 3,003
Picked up the 105 today. Been trying to figure out if I can unlock bootloader but havent had any luck.

I ran "adb reboot bootloader" which got me to the Sony screen but fastboot doesnt detect the device. It doesnt look like I see the fastboot device showing up in my Win 10 device manager either, at least not how I normally see android devices.

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #1,855 of 3,003
You can get to the bootloader with a key combination. I succeeded and got fastboot working. I did not unlock it, however. You need to enable unlocking in developer options first.

I posted the key combination in this thread before. I am currently on a mobile so can not test

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #1,856 of 3,003
You can get to the bootloader with a key combination. I succeeded and got fastboot working. I did not unlock it, however. You need to enable unlocking in developer options first.

I posted the key combination in this thread before. I am currently on a mobile so can not test

The key combinations get me into the same "Sony" screen, which I imagine is fastboot mode -- its the same screen I get when i use adb command.

fastboot devices doesnt show anything and looks like windows 10 is detecting the device as "USB Download Gadget"

1581878240273.png

EDIT: Seems like a possible work-around is to modify the android inf file to force the device to install the right bootloader driver but win10 doesnt allow me to use un-signed drivers :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,857 of 3,003
Oh nevermind, i fixed it. installed the device as ADB and it works :)

None of the fastboot commands seem to work though besides reboot

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,858 of 3,003
I recently got my sony nw-A105 japanese version, did almost 10 hours of burn-in . However, when I'm doing a A-B between NW-A45 and NW-A105, I feel the A45 sounded better, the highs were more detailed. Vocals have more body to it and bass in a105 is bit muddier that the A45. I also did a blind test and could easily figure out the better sounding A45. Anyone else in the same boat ? and prefer the A45 sound. Do I give more burn in time to A105? Both were recent purchases and I need to determine which to return. Also, the A45 due to it's USB dac function is able to play hi-res track from amazon music hd from my computer and not limited to 48 Khz as the A105 due to the android limitation.

Feb 16, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #1,859 of 3,003
Used this DAP today on a more controlled experiment after giving up trying to unlock it.

Started at 100%, continuous flac playback except 15 mins of qobuz streaming for 7 hours and its at 44% with 1 hour screen on time.

During the time I used qobuz, the battery % dropped pretty quickly. I also noticed that using Direct Sound mode was much more battery efficient than turning it off, but not using any of the DSP functions.

I've disabled a lot of apps and turned off location, syncing, etc.

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #1,860 of 3,003
I also disabled nearly every application. Wrote a script for it that disables more applications which only works with adb.

I also disable all the sound "enhancement" crap with direct (although it still resample to 48kHz unfortunately). I get about 10-11 hours of playback for ogg vorbis in a third party app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back