The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Jul 1, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #91 of 3,003
It really doesn't make sense that there is no product announcement. In February there was ton of articles posted on various 3rd party sites about the 40th anniversary of the Walkman as if they had be planted by Sony and now just a historical site that pretty much minics what the UK site has had up for a couple of month, but in video form. Bit of let down, unless it's all part of a build up to a product announcement in September.

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #92 of 3,003
Well that was anti climactic...
Whoever thought of that marketing campaign...should be looking for a new job.

This ^^

What the hell was that? They make a teaser page with a set date to release a freakin' video..?

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #94 of 3,003
Jul 1, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #96 of 3,003
Credit to KurobaHeiji for posting a screen shot in another thread:

https://www.sony.jp/walkman/store/special/a-wm40th/

Looks like purely an engraving service for the A series :)

"Walkman marks the 40th anniversary on July 1, 2019 ® .
With gratitude to the patronage of our everyday customers, we will imprint a very popular character on the back of the A series that enjoy high-resolution, high-quality music (* 1).
Walkman ® has been loved just as many years with Disney "Mickey Mouse", you can choose your favorite character from the PEANUTS "Snoopy", and "Relax".
With characters who are enjoying in each style, now also music is much Walkman ® in.

[Service charge] 2,500 yen
[target product] Walkman ® A50 series (* 2): NW-A55, A55HN, A56HN, A57
[period limitation] until Monday, September 30, 2019 10:00"

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #97 of 3,003
Credit to KurobaHeiji for posting a screen shot in another thread:

https://www.sony.jp/walkman/store/special/a-wm40th/

Looks like purely an engraving service for the A series :)

"Walkman marks the 40th anniversary on July 1, 2019 ® .
With gratitude to the patronage of our everyday customers, we will imprint a very popular character on the back of the A series that enjoy high-resolution, high-quality music (* 1).
Walkman ® has been loved just as many years with Disney "Mickey Mouse", you can choose your favorite character from the PEANUTS "Snoopy", and "Relax".
With characters who are enjoying in each style, now also music is much Walkman ® in.

[Service charge] 2,500 yen
[target product] Walkman ® A50 series (* 2): NW-A55, A55HN, A56HN, A57
[period limitation] until Monday, September 30, 2019 10:00"
Lol, I wouldn't get one done even if it was free, same as I didn't do a tattoo even when offered free.

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #98 of 3,003
Love threads like these when some folks come out shooting away about confirmed product releases or announcements like as if they have insider news.
Only to disappear or be silent when the day arrives and there's nothing to show for.

Leaving behind a trail of disgruntled and unhappy folks who were hyped up expecting something.

There should be more responsible posting around here.

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #99 of 3,003
Love threads like these when some folks come out shooting away about confirmed product releases or announcements like as if they have insider news.
Only to disappear or be silent when the day arrives and there's nothing to show for.

Leaving behind a trail of disgruntled and unhappy folks who were hyped up expecting something.

That is wrong , people is just enthusiastic about news of new products, and that is what this forum is for.
Lol, I wouldn't get one done even if it was free, same as I didn't do a tattoo even when offered free.
I would get my DMP to be engraved

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #100 of 3,003
That is wrong , people is just enthusiastic about news of new products, and that is what this forum is for.

It's fine when the statement is made as a joke and easily seen as one. Just that there's been quite a number of such posts around the forum and it's just not doing any good. These folks either want to sound important or feel important but make false claims is not the way to go.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #101 of 3,003
It's fine when the statement is made as a joke and easily seen as one. Just that there's been quite a number of such posts around the forum and it's just not doing any good. These folks either want to sound important or feel important but make false claims is not the way to go.

No one is making a claim about anything unless you have an insight track from Sony. To me it is okay to keep some hope up about what may come.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #103 of 3,003

Strange as Sony posts a date and says 40th Anniversary Walkman with an updated logo. So I guess it’s simply a birthday party with a filmstrip of all the Walkmans in the past.........without even a teaser as to the new product? It’s maybe only the date they are proud of?

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #104 of 3,003
Strange as Sony posts a date and says 40th Anniversary Walkman with an updated logo. So I guess it’s simply a birthday party with a filmstrip of all the Walkmans in the past.........without even a teaser as to the new product? It’s maybe only the date they are proud of?

Nah, every company when celebrating their big anniversary would pull of a one of a kind product. Even Yamaha did so

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #105 of 3,003
Nah, every company when celebrating their big anniversary would pull of a one of a kind product. Even Yamaha did so
Oh...... so your one of the disgruntled? Lol.

I’m pretty sure you don’t care the slightest about this “mid-Fi” offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back