The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Oct 23, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,431 of 3,003
Interesting, I'll try a couple overnights with just turning WiFi/Bluetooth off, and another couple with turning airplane mode off instead if there is a noticeable difference for standby time.

Let us know what you discover... :wink:

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #2,432 of 3,003
I agree with the last several posts re: their experience with the a105. It's pretty middle of the road. However, for my use case scenario, it's the best I can find for now. I measure and build compensation files for all my earbuds. I also make autoeq files for all my iems that follow oratory's target curve. These autoeq files are used in wavelet on my a105 and various Android phones, as well as peace apo eq for my desktop and laptop. Now I have consistent SQ across every listening device I use.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #2,433 of 3,003
I agree with the last several posts re: their experience with the a105. It's pretty middle of the road. However, for my use case scenario, it's the best I can find for now. I measure and build compensation files for all my earbuds. I also make autoeq files for all my iems that follow oratory's target curve. These autoeq files are used in wavelet on my a105 and various Android phones, as well as peace apo eq for my desktop and laptop. Now I have consistent SQ across every listening device I use.

Please share a file for ME80 if you have one.

Would plug it into Wavelet on NW105, too! :L3000:

20201027_104037.jpg

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,434 of 3,003
Oct 27, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #2,435 of 3,003
I got a brand new NW-A105. When I turned it on, the battery was basically dead, it kept shutting down during set up, and now once I plugged it in using the cable that came with the player, it's heating up a bit. Is this normal?

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #2,436 of 3,003
I got a brand new NW-A105. When I turned it on, the battery was basically dead, it kept shutting down during set up, and now once I plugged it in using the cable that came with the player, it's heating up a bit. Is this normal?
It does get warm when charging. You should probably have left it charge fully before setting up. The A105 battery is the devices biggest fail.

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2,437 of 3,003
Help!! I bought the NW-A105 and trying to get my cue sheets to work with Sonys music player app but it doesn't recognize the cue sheets? I did download power amp app on the device and it uses the cue sheets no problem? Any one know why sonys player cant read my cue sheets? In the library page 2 you can see sonys player has a category for cue sheets so it should be able to use them? On a second matter... on the same library page 2 is the Hi-Res category and it doesn't bring up my hi-res files? what does this device consider hi-res files as I know I have hi res files?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #2,438 of 3,003
Help!! I bought the NW-A105 and trying to get my cue sheets to work with Sonys music player app but it doesn't recognize the cue sheets? I did download power amp app on the device and it uses the cue sheets no problem? Any one know why sonys player cant read my cue sheets? In the library page 2 you can see sonys player has a category for cue sheets so it should be able to use them? On a second matter... on the same library page 2 is the Hi-Res category and it doesn't bring up my hi-res files? what does this device consider hi-res files as I know I have hi res files?
Have you put the cue files in a folder marked MUSIC and pointed the sony app to it?

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #2,439 of 3,003
Have you put the cue files in a folder marked MUSIC and pointed the sony app to it?
I have the cue files in the same folder of each album, but I did just try what you said and put the cue files in the MUSIC folder but it didn't work. I don't know how to point the sony app to them or if that's even possible. there is no documentation on cue files that I can find in the manual?

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #2,444 of 3,003
My 2-month-old Walkman went into washing machine and dryer and out. Not turning on now, of course. Wondering if there is a trick of the trade I could use to claim from Amazon a replacement or store credit or discount...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back