The SkeletonDAC
Apr 18, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #92 of 222
Yes, it does. Sounds the same as if I set my digital output to 16 bit.
Doesn't sound quite as good as the same thing at 24 bits.
Good design, works well, sounds good. I know the next version
will be easier to solder.

Thanks again!

Quote:
@c12mech:  Glad you are enjoying it

@everyone else who has built a board:  Anyone try the SPDIF out yet?

May 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #95 of 222

Quote:
More boards will be available in the very near future.

Cobaltmute is being nice and is trying to keep the pressure off of me.
wink.gif
  I have the production SkeletonDAC boards in hand and am working on the website and kits as we speak.  Maybe another week ... two at the absolute worst.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #99 of 222
very interested in building this. 
smily_headphones1.gif

would it work to build this with regular through hole components if i use the same values?

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #100 of 222

Quote:
very interested in building this. 
smily_headphones1.gif

would it work to build this with regular through hole components if i use the same values?

No, the DAC chip will not respond well to the inductance/capacitance/resistance from the leads of through-hole components.  What may seem to be trivial values from the leads at through-hole size can end up being monumental to the tiny currents and voltages present in the DAC chip.  

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #101 of 222

Quote:
No, the DAC chip will not respond well to the inductance/capacitance/resistance from the leads of through-hole components.  What may seem to be trivial values from the leads at through-hole size can end up being monumental to the tiny currents and voltages present in the DAC chip.  

thats what i was afraid of. kind of figured. any news on the kits or schematics/bom? id love to build one

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #102 of 222

Quote:
thats what i was afraid of. kind of figured. any news on the kits or schematics/bom? id love to build one

Well, I'm taking some time off around the 4th of July, so maybe it will give me a chance to get everything finalized.

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #103 of 222

Quote:
Well, I'm taking some time off around the 4th of July, so maybe it will give me a chance to get everything finalized.

sounds good ill keep my eyes peeled!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back