the silent (real) threat to your wallet . . .
Aug 24, 2006 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

NiceCans

Headphoneus Supremus
simply put . . . .

the "New Posts" button at the top of the forums!
blink.gif

Yes, by pressing that innocent looking button you open the door to the dreaded and deadly "For Sale / Trade Forums" where threats to your financial well-being lurk around every corner.
eek.gif

Worse yet, they are intermixed between the other forum posts so as to maintian their innocence until you are ensnared in their trap.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can even resist a sale (imagine a woman who can claim that! . . . well, ok, sometimes I can resist
wink.gif
) but how many of us have been the victim of this silent wallet killer?

Fortunately, on the bright side, you can always sell-off some of the stuff yourself, thus trapping others into this money pit and perpetuating the cycle.

Aug 24, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 12
Wow, I never really noticed that button before.
It doesn't work for me right now... "page error", maybe that's a good thing.
600smile.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yup, nifty little button to catch up on the day's latest news.

yes it is, and has been my standard method of browsing the boards for some months . . . . but my spending on used gear also increased since I adopted that methodology . . . coincidence? Perhaps . . . .

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Yup, nifty little button to catch up on the day's latest news.

use it all the time...sometimes I get a little too excited with it and it has to calm me down with the This forum....Try again in 8 seconds" message.

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
simply put . . . .

blink.gif

Yes, by pressing that innocent looking button you open the door to the dreaded and deadly "For Sale / Trade Forums" where threats to your financial well-being lurk around every corner.
eek.gif

Worse yet, they are intermixed between the other forum posts so as to maintian their innocence until you are ensnared in their trap.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can even resist a sale (imagine a woman who can claim that! . . . well, ok, sometimes I can resist
wink.gif

Fortunately, on the bright side, you can always sell-off some of the stuff yourself, thus trapping others into this money pit and perpetuating the cycle.

This is nifty feature, that when individual forum links will not load up properly, you can click on this hotlink, and it gets you past the network congestion...sometimes
cool.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

simply put . . . .

blink.gif

eek.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif

It just got me recently (new amp, which I didn't really need that much). I was gonna get a K701, but now it has to wait thanks to that purchase.

Quote:

Very true.
tongue.gif

P.S. I use the "new posts" link all the time. That's the way I prefer navigating Head-Fi. Then I open a page (or tab) for each page of new posts, and read them at my leisure by right clicking each interesting topic and opening it in a new window.

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
Wow, I never really noticed that button before.
It doesn't work for me right now... "page error", maybe that's a good thing.
600smile.gif

someone had to bring it to my attention this year - before then I was making The Team scour the boards manually! posting efficiency is now up 30%!
icon10.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

... how many of us have been the victim of this silent wallet killer?

Happens to all of us. I hit it a few weeks back and wound up with a CD player on an impulse buy. It was a good deal and the transaction was great, but I had logged on with no intention of buying anything. Then again, I don't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back