The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #1,683 of 2,918
Do not be mad at anyone who takes the time to post after listening to them what ever there opinion is. As all of this is subjective and not one is actually done Ina method that I can understand and trust. In fact the only one that has any transparency is Jude's. No one else has clarity of source chain.
If and when I get my skinny head on a set I'll post but it must be on my tes . Music and source and not an ak240 or the like

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,685 of 2,918
Do not be mad at anyone who takes the time to post after listening to them what ever there opinion is. As all of this is subjective and not one is actually done Ina method that I can understand and trust. In fact the only one that has any transparency is Jude's. No one else has clarity of source chain.
If and when I get my skinny head on a set I'll post but it must be on my tes . Music and source and not an ak240 or the like

Do you serially think that Sennheiser would demo Orpheus 2 thru an ak240? 
biggrin.gif

The source was a T+A PDP 3000 HV SACD/CD and I listed to Chris Jones, Miles Davis and one more artist which I didn’t remember the name of. 

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/ta-elektroakustik-releases-pdp-3000-hv-sacdcd-playerdac/

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,686 of 2,918
It was listed as the source for one of the mini reviews posted here. Also I do. Not think senhiser is usin anything of good value to demo the unit
They never do atleadt not from any show I ever seen. It's always amazing how poorly they represent there equipment
And they are not the only ones.

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #1,689 of 2,918
  There's probably plastic in our corn flakes.  LOL

Yes, there is probably plastic in our corn flakes but, for $55,000, I hope there is not any plastic (or euphemism for plastic) in those headphones. If Sennheiser uses plastic in the HE1060, it's like trying to tell me that Rolls Royce uses plastic seat control buttons to save weight.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #1,690 of 2,918

Yes, there is probably plastic in our corn flakes but, for $55,000, I hope there is not any plastic (or euphemism for plastic) in those headphones. If Sennheiser uses plastic in the HE1060, it's like trying to tell me that Rolls Royce uses plastic seat control buttons to save weight.

Surely in some situations plastic is the most suitable material for the job.  It has other properties and advantages other than low cost.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #1,691 of 2,918
And do you remember what were the interlink and power cables, the plugs, the sockets, the power conditioning system? We know that each of them can make an audible difference (also in keeping intact all the spatial informations of recordings).

do we?

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #1,692 of 2,918
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] For more than 20 years it has been demonstrated the importance of cables, connectors, plugs, sockets and power conditioners to achieve the correct three-dimensional reconstruction of the music playback.[/color]

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #1,693 of 2,918

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] For more than 20 years it has been demonstrated the importance of cables, connectors, plugs, sockets and power conditioners to achieve the correct three-dimensional reconstruction of the music playback.[/color]

Yep, is has been written on a the internet within a dotted border so you know it's legit
I wonder if the sound science guys have seen this

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #1,694 of 2,918
Code:
[color=rgb(33,33,33)]
For more than 20 years it has been demonstrated the importance of cables, connectors, plugs, sockets and power conditioners to achieve the correct three-dimensional reconstruction of the music playback.
[/color]

all your base are belong to us

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #1,695 of 2,918
  And do you remember what were the interlink and power cables, the plugs, the sockets, the power conditioning system?
We know that each of them can make an audible difference (also in keeping intact all the spatial informations of recordings).

Only if your very high!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back