The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #346 of 2,918
.... A Bronx cheer should sound like a Bronx cheer. If it sounds like a cute mellifluous giggle on your system, then the indications are that your system is nowhere near high fidelity and in desperate need of repair or disposal.

LOL, sounds like a HE1000
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #351 of 2,918
New business premise or new Sennheiser Orpheus? 
I haven't got wife so is very tempting hahahahahaha

EDIT: Hope they produce the new Orpheus for at least 5 years, so I'll be able to "reasonably" buy one 

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #352 of 2,918
http://www.businessinsider.com/billionaire-vodka-from-leon-verres-costs-a-cool-37-million-2011-8

If there are people who buy it, why not sell it?
I think Ill start selling paper sheets for 20.000 dollars and call it soul givers paper....

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #354 of 2,918
Nov 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #356 of 2,918
  I can only imagine the aftermarket value of these headphones after they have been sold out. 

The year is 2030
The place ebay (or ebay equivalent)

NOS HE1060 HEV1060..... Starting price: $300,000 USD

They are not limited , they just can't mass produce them, around 250 pieces max. annually acc. to Sennheiser on this thread
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #357 of 2,918
I have a feeling most people in NA would connect the aesthetics with a bathroom sink. The marble they used looks much like granite, specifically the granite they use in bathroom sinks. I'm not sure how it is other places, but granite bathroom sinks are turbo common wherever I've gone. Looks like it could be a soap dispenser in a Hilton hotel restroom.....

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #358 of 2,918
  Mr.saidentary,

I certainly can't speak for best of anything, especially headphones.  I've listened to various 'meet' headphones, bought same only to discover the product bought performed differently.  

I own a few Sennheiser RS120 wireless, one in particular has sound approaching my HD580s which consistently outperform the headphones I hear at meets.  

I'm say'n Sennhieser's performance is more consistent than the others but 'not-so-good' ones are still out there.  

Every single HD800 I've heard is superb, it's the only headphone I can say that about. 

I gave up on the Electrostatics long ago, way too tricky to get em working properly.  

Mr. Jude's superlatives are a scripted TV Show, he's a professional "plugger" for Manufacturer's Sales Staff.  His business is supporting sales not being a Analyst.  

We still have to love him for this format where we can compare notes and share ideas.

I can't see these things being worth the price but for some folks the price won't matter much compared to the exclusive nature of the ownership experience. 

It does portend a future Bastille Day for us, which is my greater concern.

Tony in Michigan

We're looking at this from slightly different angles.  However, our opinions certainly overlap considerably.  As for the future Bastille Day, hopefully this is something our society can "head off" before it comes to that.  Personally, if people want exclusivity, then that's fine with me. I pity the person who has the need to feel "exclusive."   But I'm right with the ones who want the best possible product.  The wild card is that all of us define the "best" in variable ways.  And I'm someone who wants the best (meaning lowest) possible price as well.  This is driven partly by what I can afford, but also by what I'm willing to spend, irrespective of whether "I can" afford to spend more.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #359 of 2,918
I hope that Sennheiser is striving much more to make a statement in engineering and sound than profit from these, because, as far as profit goes, it would had been better to make them cheaper and more of them if they wanted to get more money.... 

Still, I am so curious to hear how these sound!

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #360 of 2,918
how did they come up with the name HE1060. i would think HE1090 would be more appropriate and then down the road (big hope!), the "baby" version would be the HE1060.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back