The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #109 of 2,918

Not sure if the concept of being okay or not matters in this case. This product has a select demographic that will gladly shell out for this item. I just didn't like that you brought up the whole refugee crisis so casually, and implied that the pricing of this product is unacceptable BECAUSE of events around the world. Not trying to be harsh, I just find these false equivalency arguments rather silly.

You have a point, i was just being realistic
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #110 of 2,918
  Ha! Well, I'd have to audition these babies first, before buying. Now that's the tricky part. They sayed they will touring it around Europe and the US, but no actual dates. 

I wonder how the tours will provide an environment for serious auditioning ... like leaving you alone with the system in a quiet, private room? Never been to one so I don't know how it works.

I can't wait to hear the impressions.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #112 of 2,918
Crossfeed.  Awesome.  It's of course to sensible to be able to turn it on or off, but supreme isolation L&R doesn't make sense for a reproduction of a live venue unless binaurally recorded.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #113 of 2,918
  If everything goes fine, hopefully I will :) Although, I guess I'd have to fly to London (or somewhere nearby) and buy it from there. Can't imagine ordering these online and then dealing with local custom charges.  

Does Sennheiser offer a European Delivery program like Audi, BMW, Volvo, etc.?  I was really just kidding, but then I thought, "...yeah, actually that makes a ton of sense."  I assume if you're going to drop that kind of cash that you get to get a tour and such.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #116 of 2,918
  Ha! Well, I'd have to audition these babies first, before buying. Now that's the tricky part. They sayed they will touring it around Europe and the US, but no actual dates. 

I'm gonna bet that you are a serious buyer, they will bring you one to audition. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #117 of 2,918
Nothing short of Alien technology could justify even half that price. I saw the announcement in my emails from Sennheiser and predicted 15-20k usd, which is still ludicrous, but a fair prediction based on the brand and the original HE-90s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back