The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #2,822 of 2,929
@mammal

What do you mean second pair of headphones? Isn't their only 1 socket inside the HE1? And also it's attached?
There is another output at the rear for a 2nd headphone.

I heard the system at my house for 8 hours. This was few months back

I was in between DAC's ( had sold mDave and was awaiting delivery of dCS Vivaldi stack) so I tried the system with my Lumin U1 as source running as Roon endpoint and Nucleus as Core and inbuilit DAC of HE-1.

The system sounded great. very natural with non-eletrostat like bass. I liked it enough and made an offer to the Sennheiser rep but unfortunately we couldn't agree on the price.

Its when I connected the XLR DAC output of He-1 to my Headtrip Reference and plugged my TC and Susvara, I realized the internal DAC sucked.

I think the internal dac is fine tuned to work with the internal tube amp.

IMG-WA0017.jpg

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #2,823 of 2,929
@mammal
@ajaipuriyar

Fascinating! Did not know there was another jack! And it was at the back. So 30K for just the headphone alone huh. Is it possible to modified the jack to a STAX plug? Or can someone make a STAX adapter for the HE1 Headphone?

Can someone remove the jack and take a pic of the HE1 jack end?

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,824 of 2,929
Fascinating! Did not know there was another jack! And it was at the back. So 30K for just the headphone alone huh. Is it possible to modified the jack to a STAX plug? Or can someone make a STAX adapter for the HE1 Headphone?
So HE90 (the old orpheus) did have a STAX adapter, but unsure about HE-1 to be honest.

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,825 of 2,929
So HE90 (the old orpheus) did have a STAX adapter, but unsure about HE-1 to be honest.
Yes, and there was also a normal 6.5mm headphone jack on some HE90V 😜

Im wondering if Senny masters can custom a HE1 with a STAX socket. Maybe place it at the back?

Using a 009/007 on the HE1 might be glorious.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,826 of 2,929
@mammal
@ajaipuriyar

Can someone remove the jack and take a pic of the HE1 jack end?
Half of the cool class A amp circuit is in the headphone.

So I doubt if it will support any other headphone.

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,827 of 2,929

Plus this time around there is a chip that checks for the pairing. You would have to reverse engineer some security certificates most likely (if they implemented it properly).

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #2,828 of 2,929

Yea, that's cool and unfortunate.

The chip might be hackable... 😀

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,829 of 2,929
Is it possible to use the HE1 as a soild state?

@Sennheiser you guys need some "Senny Schiit LISST tubes"

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,830 of 2,929
One day I'll get the HE1 and custom frankenstein it.

Install:
-Headphone jack for the HD800
-STAX Socket at the back for 009/007
-HE90 Socket also at the back.
-And a dual Socket at the front for two HE1 headphones.

Now that's $50,000 worth.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #2,831 of 2,929
There is another output at the rear for a 2nd headphone.

I heard the system at my house for 8 hours. This was few months back

I was in between DAC's ( had sold mDave and was awaiting delivery of dCS Vivaldi stack) so I tried the system with my Lumin U1 as source running as Roon endpoint and Nucleus as Core and inbuilit DAC of HE-1.

The system sounded great. very natural with non-eletrostat like bass. I liked it enough and made an offer to the Sennheiser rep but unfortunately we couldn't agree on the price.

Its when I connected the XLR DAC output of He-1 to my Headtrip Reference and plugged my TC and Susvara, I realized the internal DAC sucked.

I think the internal dac is fine tuned to work with the internal tube amp.

IMG-WA0017.jpg
As a previous owner of Wells Audio Enigma and mate it with susvara I Hate it. The stage is closed in, and the highs are harsh and too piercing even with my warmest r2r dac. I heard headtrip has larger stage than enigma, and thus curious how does it sound.

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #2,832 of 2,929
As a previous owner of Wells Audio Enigma and mate it with susvara I Hate it. The stage is closed in, and the highs are harsh and too piercing even with my warmest r2r dac. I heard headtrip has larger stage than enigma, and thus curious how does it sound.
I had the Headtrip and have the Headtrip Reference with Susvara and both amps have the qualities wrt power, dynamics, soundstage and speed to make the combo rival ( or exceed) the sound quality of any headphone system available. Obviously, the Reference is much more refined, quite and provides much more emotional connect with the music.

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #2,833 of 2,929

Install:

Don`t forget two water taps for warm and cold water and a towel holder.

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #2,834 of 2,929

Install:

If it weren't specialized for just sennheiser's amp, I would absolutely have bought just the headphones alone as I did with the SGL. It's a bit annoying that you can't.

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,835 of 2,929

Install:

Unfortunately - I'd say no. None of those pieces of equipment are worth a combined value. I can buy a venue for $50K and host the bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back