The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Jun 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,192 of 2,918
Mm..

IMG_0181.JPG

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #2,195 of 2,918
mm...playing my tracks, my way. No restrictions. My rules..:smile_phones:

And, hell no, there are no gaps. A perfect example of perfect German engineering.

It is as I remember it when I auditioned it during CanJam Singapore 2017.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #2,197 of 2,918
mm...playing my tracks, my way. No restrictions. My rules..:smile_phones:

And, hell no, there are no gaps. A perfect example of perfect German engineering.

It is as I remember it when I auditioned it during CanJam Singapore 2017.

Congrats, looking very nice!

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #2,198 of 2,918
mm...the headphone earpads smells really nice. lol!

The headphones gets slightly warm because of the in-built amp (no worse than when I wear the Audeze LCD 3F or the LCD X). But not enough to cause any bothersome discomfort. Room thermostat set at 23 celsius.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #2,201 of 2,918
Mm..yes. Pro: it is great, really great. Con: it is going to be downhill from here on out. The hunt (which is half the fun of this wonderful hobby of ours) is over for me.

When I started headfi listening in 2013, I've always been naturally curious about what is on the extreme pole. I've read of the legendary Orpheus which I was never able to audition and it is what propelled me to keep on upgrading. Aspirational fuel.

Promise to myself fulfilled yesterday.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #2,204 of 2,918
Mm..I don't sell. Is the HE 1 better than my other headphones? Yes it is. But I'm aiming to refine my Stax 009 system with either the BHSE or the Stax T8000. I feel that it can hold its own against the HE 1. Maybe? Perhaps? Not a snowball's chance in hell? Have to scratch that itch one of these days.

Just an anecdote: when I auditioned the HE 1 during CanJam Singapore 2017, the first thing I wanted to see was the initialization phase. I figure it would be cool to watch it in person. The guy spoke a bunch of English words. Only word I understood was NO. Lol! Okay, cool. I figure he must have looked at my personal appearance. I admit that I dressed like a schmuck that day. But heck...I just spent many hours at the airport to catch the early flight to Changi from Manila international. I dropped my bags at this 3 star hotel and rushed to the Pan Pacific. I needed a shower and a shave. I must have smelled bad. I was 3 of the 7 dwarves: Grumpy, Smokey and Smelly. Lol!

Anyways, last night I turned on and off my HE 1 a dozen times...... I needed to get that out of my system.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #2,205 of 2,918
Mm..I don't sell. Is the HE 1 better than my other headphones? Yes it is. But I'm aiming to refine my Stax 009 system with either the BHSE or the Stax T8000. I feel that it can hold its own against the HE 1. Maybe? Perhaps? Not a snowball's chance in hell? Have to scratch that itch one of these days.

Just an anecdote: when I auditioned the HE 1 during CanJam Singapore 2017, the first thing I wanted to see was the initialization phase. I figure it would be cool to watch it in person. The guy spoke a bunch of English words. Only word I understood was NO. Lol! Okay, cool. I figure he must have looked at my personal appearance. I admit that I dressed like a schmuck that day. But heck...I just spent many hours at the airport to catch the early flight to Changi from Manila international. I dropped my bags at this 3 star hotel and rushed to the Pan Pacific. I needed a shower and a shave. I must have smelled bad. I was 3 of the 7 dwarves: Grumpy, Smokey and Smelly. Lol!

Anyways, last night I turned on and off my HE 1 a dozen times...... I needed to get that out of my system.

You're having waaay too much fun in there!

Kindly let us know how you feel about HE-1 after you listen more to them! I heard them for far too limited of a time to write a complex and throughout review, but if you can listen to them every day, you might be able to let us know more of your thoughts!

It put a smile on my face to read the story about turning them on and off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back