The search begins for new headphones...
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DefconZero

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So my AKG K81DJ's finally bit the dust the other day. The connections became unsoldered, and while I will be looking into buy a new connector, and resoldering them, I would like to look into getting a new pair anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

The AKG's being my first *real* headphone purchase (if I can even call it that), gave me a little insight on the headphone world, but definitely not as much as I would like.

They had amazing bass, were portable, only thing lacking was the comfort; definitely not wearable after a few hours, as my ears got smooshed. So that's something I would like to improve with the new headphones.

I like to listen to almost every type of music; techno, hip-hop, and rock being the main ones. Full-sized and closed are a must, as the k81's were definitely awesome for keeping outside sound out, and so I would like to keep that going.

My budget is no more then $200 CAD taxes in, and would like to buy local if possible (We have a long and mcquade hear that stocks many different headphones), but if not, a store that is in Canada.

Looking to use it with my computer, as well as my iPod. I will probably be looking into getting a portable Amp/DAC, so headphones that need to be amped can be considered.

Thanks,

Wes

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 4
the only other pair that could beat the K81's bass is the DT770

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 4
Theres a pair of K81dj's on headfi forsale forum.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Yes, I saw that, and considered it, but decided against it. Seeing how I'll be looking into repairing the connector on this set in the near future anyways, I don't think getting a 2nd pair is needed, hence why I am now looking into a new *upgraded* set.

I've been doing a little reading, and the DT770's definitely seem to have lotss and lotss of bass, which is what I like. I also see them being compared to the AKG K271's. I'll be going into the Long and McQuade this week to see if I can compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back